Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laptop advice please

I have a Samsung N150 10.1-Inch Netbook which has just died on me and isn't worth repairing. I have three options:-

1 Buy another one of the same model (presumably this will have changed a bit since the one I have is 3 or 4 years old).

2 Buy another netbook

3 Buy a tablet.

The N150 met all my needs, I used it at home with a separate Spanish keyboard and a wide screen monitor. And when I travel I can use the inbuilt keyboard and screen, the fact that both are fairly small isn't a problem as I'll only be using for a relatively short time.

I don't want to use it to watch TV or movies, or to play games, just for emails and to manage photos and documents and to access the net to keep up with the wisdom of NSC. And I don't need something that is connected at all times, just now and again when I can get wi-fi access.

The problem with a tablet is there is only a touch screen keyboard which wouldn't be enough. I know you can get attached keyboards, how would this compare with my Samsung?

Before I bought it I asked for suggestions on NSC about netbooks and the N150 was the one that was recommended most. What would be your choice now, bearing in mind my requirements? I basically need something I can carry around that is a portable version of my office PC.

Thanks in anticipation

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have a Dell 10.1 notebook and I can't understand people that use tablets. The only time it would be better is if you were on foot and then you could use a phone.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You can't run office on a ChromeBook, but you may be interested to know that Microsoft have just released Office for iPad. Apparently it's pretty good!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
IPad with external keyboard and Office is all you need.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have a Samsung N150 10.1-Inch Netbook which has just died on me and isn't worth repairing. I have three options:-

1 Buy another one of the same model (presumably this will have changed a bit since the one I have is 3 or 4 years old).

2 Buy another netbook

3 Buy a tablet.

The N150 met all my needs, I used it at home with a separate Spanish keyboard and a wide screen monitor. And when I travel I can use the inbuilt keyboard and screen, the fact that both are fairly small isn't a problem as I'll only be using for a relatively short time.

I don't want to use it to watch TV or movies, or to play games, just for emails and to manage photos and documents and to access the net to keep up with the wisdom of NSC. And I don't need something that is connected at all times, just now and again when I can get wi-fi access.

The problem with a tablet is there is only a touch screen keyboard which wouldn't be enough. I know you can get attached keyboards, how would this compare with my Samsung?

Before I bought it I asked for suggestions on NSC about netbooks and the N150 was the one that was recommended most. What would be your choice now, bearing in mind my requirements? I basically need something I can carry around that is a portable version of my office PC.

Thanks in anticipation

How about http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-transformer-book-t100_Tablet_review ?

You want a tablet, but you need a keyboard ?
You want to connect an external monitor ?
You want Email, browsing and Office ?
Not interested in TV, movies and games ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they dont do the netbook form factor anymore, and tablets dont run Office. so that limits the options im afraid, repair or off to ebay.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here