Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Fools Day

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not April fools day but if you want to get someone annoyed , ad in local paper first week of January, 'wanted Christmas trees for recycling , will collect, call/txt xxx'

Should add that as I am the most gullible person out there it's not worth asking me how to fool someone!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Set all work clocks forward an hour or two, so make people think they are late in. best if your boss is in on the joke..

change everyone's phone ringtones, or screensaver..

put 10 or so copies of photocopier bum pics in the feed tray.. see how the next user tries to explain it away..

P.S. - maybe avoid any clingfilm over the loo, if slipping ex lax into the tea urn. :ohmy:

Last edited:

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
If you manage to get hold of a friends iPhone or samsung, go into messages and delete the history between you and them. Then go into contacts and change your name to cow or dog or whatever animal you fancy. Then txt them every now and then with Moo or Woof. Drives them insane.
Works only if they don't know your number off by heart

Last edited:

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
another is to get a cheap sim and put a few quid on it. Then txt someone who is die hard Brighton fan and thank them for joining the Crystal Palarse text messaging service. Then every hour send them some random tosh about Palarse. you can also put things like text back 12345 to stop these text messages. then when the text comes in you can thank them for becoming a gold member and that they will now receive three hourly messages. I did this last year and had my mate calling the number, texting threats back all kinds of comedy gold material.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mother in law has a nasty habit of feeding foxes. So, I've knocked up a circular on council type headed paper to drop through her letter box to explain that they are introducing £1000 fines and imprisonment for re-offenders. Also, that an infra-red droid will be flying around the city this summer to catch people out.
Should be a fun day.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
another is to get a cheap sim and put a few quid on it. Then txt someone who is die hard Brighton fan and thank them for joining the Crystal Palarse text messaging service. Then every hour send them some random tosh about Palarse. you can also put things like text back 12345 to stop these text messages. then when the text comes in you can thank them for becoming a gold member and that they will now receive three hourly messages. I did this last year and had my mate calling the number, texting threats back all kinds of comedy gold material.

Brilliant! :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hilariously, some guys from one of the water companies have set up outside my place and are pretending to dig up the road using pneumatic drills. It's 1:49am. I know it's just a great prank though, and that a man in full bearded disguise à la Jeremy Beadle will pop up at any moment, with HILARIOUS consequences.

Oh. Turns out it's not a comedy prank after all. The tossers really are digging the road up with pneumatic drills at nearly 2am. Fantastic stuff :angry:

This I like. From today's Grauniad

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-independence-road-scheme?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Seems to be quite a thing this year, the April Fool's thing. Loser sites like Buzzfeed, people posting pranks on FB, etc, I haven't given April Fool's a thought since I was about 5, seems to be coming back.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The Argus are trying to tell us that Sussex CCC are putting in a shark tank, and the council are telling us that they intend to loan lots of money to some company to build a giant donut on the seafront. Whatever next, a monorail?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here