Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Spanish Dave play the rest of this season?

Should SD play the rest of this season?

• Yes - CM

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Yes - RM

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • No - Orlandi, Stephens, March, Andrews are better

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So, should SD play for the rest of this season? If so, where - CM or on the right side of midfield?

Poll to follow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Orlandi is fit, then no. Otherwise, he's our most creative CM.

Out wide - definitely not.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With Agustein out of favour, Orlandi (seemingly permanently) injured, KLL unable to play 90 minutes or in successive games with any regularity, March promising but yet to demonstrate he can perform consistently, JFC tidy but unable to play a killer ball, we need some creativity.
Lopez provides that, so he should play in central midfield, ideally behind Ince and Stephens. He certainly should play instead of Andrews.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow. I'd deliberately written off Kemy from the alternatives, but had forgotten about JFC. That probably says more about my current feelings for JFC than any words I have written about him in my comments on player ratings threads. :nono:

I actually don't mind if he plays out wide as long as we play a genuine winger on the other side, and not a guy like Lingard frightened to take on a full back because he might get kicked

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4th option - SOME of the time, and ONLY in attacking central midfield. So fed up seeing him stuck back out on the right when Buckley came off. Definitely should've been March or LuaLua on, why are we so BLOODY SCARED of midtable Championship teams?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we don't win on Tuesday it's then all about giving Dunk, Ince, March and JFC maximum experience and minutes on the pitch in preparation for next season.

Not sure Dave will be here next year so little point in playing him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
4th option - SOME of the time, and ONLY in attacking central midfield. So fed up seeing him stuck back out on the right when Buckley came off. Definitely should've been March or LuaLua on, why are we so BLOODY SCARED of midtable Championship teams?

It was an incredible substitution to be honest. Just took any remaining pace out of our side. Lopez can make things happen in that central role. Don't get the thinking at all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If we don't win on Tuesday it's then all about giving Dunk, Ince, March and JFC maximum experience and minutes on the pitch in preparation for next season.

Not sure Dave will be here next year so little point in playing him.

That's an excellent point. Let's pretend we're going to win tomorrow, and for the rest of the season we're still in with a shout of the playoffs - what then?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought JFC looked really good when he came on on Saturday. His workrate was exceptional and i thought we were certainly stronger since he came on. We seemed overrun in the centre when Spanish Dave was there. I like SD, but he's been most dreadful the year through, not finding his feet or mastering a position or having his thinking rate at a speed that outwits any player enjoyably charging him down, so i am sad to say that he's not the right man for the job at the minute. Ince and Stephens helping us defend for our lives whilst Bruno, Ward, Lua Lua, Lingard, March and Ulloa cause a merry havoc.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
just my opinion he looked more likely to do something when cm and also when on the right. hes all about little balls here and there and one touch. shame he didnt get 90 minutes and there was only one place the penalty was going if he was still on

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Every successful needs a creative CM, so we should be playing one of: Orlandi, Lopez or Agustine. Maybe add Stephens to that list too, but he looks more of a holding midfielder to me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If Orlandi is fit, then no. Otherwise, he's our most creative CM.

Out wide - definitely not.

That. As long as he has "protection" from Ince and EITHER JFC or Amdrews. Billy Bonds looked after Trev Brooking.

Oscar dropped one of his many clangers by subbing JFC for Buckley pushing Dave out wide. His other clanger is giving his bum chum Bruno a start every ****ing week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here