Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very random question re our days at Gillingham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did we pick up any Kent based fans when we played at the Priestfield that anyone knows of?

You know people in Kent who maybe just went along to a 4th division game when Brighton were playing there and became hooked watching the dross on show?

Unlikely I know, but are YOU one of them?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Yes, Initially we ran 2 x 35 seater coaches.
Since our move to The Amex interest has increased and we now run 5 (sometimes 6) 44-seaters .
There's 3 from the Medway area which encompass the towns of Maidstone, Chatham & Gillingham , 1 from Canterbury and another from the Ramsgate / Margate conurbation.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Since our move to The Amex interest has increased and we now run 5 (sometimes 6) 44-seaters .
There's 3 from the Medway area which encompass the towns of Maidstone, Chatham & Gillingham , 1 from Canterbury and another from the Ramsgate / Margate conurbation.

Blimey! Great stuff :thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

2x35 seater coaches from Gillingham to Withdean ??

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Extraordinary numbers fair play to you all & I hope you never have to endure the 9 consecutive home defeats I saw travelling the other way!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

And you do this because you all fell in love with the Albion after popping along to watch them at your local league ground Gillingham ?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester

Woof!

I often see them driving in convoy down the A26.:thumbsup:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Do you know if there are midweek ones from canterbury?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Extraordinary numbers fair play to you all & I hope you never have to endure the 9 consecutive home defeats I saw travelling the other way!

Yeah it kind of puts our current predicament into perspective, I was a season ticket holder at Gillingham as well and regularly made the 140 mile roundtrip for a home game ??? most which we lost. In fact I think that run you refer to only came to an end when I missed the game because of Christmas shopping............ unreal.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Blimey, just looked at the 1997/98 and 1998/99 Division Three tables and saw poor old Scarborough. One phoenix club dissolved and the other now in Northern Premier Division One South - remember that could have easily been us.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Blimey, just looked at the 1997/98 and 1998/99 Division Three tables and saw poor old Scarborough. One phoenix club dissolved and the other now in Northern Premier Division One South - remember that could have easily been us.

Which club is the other one?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yeah it kind of puts our current predicament into perspective, I was a season ticket holder at Gillingham as well and regularly made the 140 mile roundtrip for a home game ??? most which we lost. In fact I think that run you refer to only came to an end when I missed the game because of Christmas shopping............ unreal.

Yeah it was around Xmas, we had lost 7 in a row, I had a fortnight in Barbados during which we won 1 and drew 1...soon as I got back we lost another 2...another pair of back to back 1-3 home defeats on a Saturday & then just 3 days later Tuesday night still not forgotten either

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is very good as Charlton were doing similar offering free coaches from many areas of the South East.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Do Gillingham know we run coaches from "their" patch to the Amex?

I remember the fuss they made when Charlton started getting a bit close for comfort :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here