Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£90 for a Nikefootball shirt

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Th world cup shirts for England made by Nike are priced at a a mere £90 for adult shirts or a more affordable £60 for a stadium shirt which is different from the players shirt.
So how much for the new Albion shirts for next season?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Well at least that solves the dilemma as to whether to get one or not - silly money!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't buy replicas and i certainly wouldn't pay £90. I hope everyone boycotts it at that price

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I highly doubt that our shirts will cost that much. I expect ours will be around £50.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I highly doubt that our shirts will cost that much. I expect ours will be around £50.

Even that would be a rip off ( the shirt costs including material, shipping etc can't be more than a tenner ).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Th world cup shirts for England made by Nike are priced at a a mere £90 for adult shirts or a more affordable £60 for a stadium shirt which is different from the players shirt.
So how much for the new Albion shirts for next season?

I was speaking to a Boro fan on Saturday and they have recently changed from Errea to Adidas. I asked him about how the change had affected the price and he informed me that the price of a shirt had gone down. I know it's not Adidas we're changing to but hopefully it will follow the same trend.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was speaking to a Boro fan on Saturday and they have recently changed from Errea to Adidas. I asked him about how the change had affected the price and he informed me that the price of a shirt had gone down. I know it's not Adidas we're changing to but hopefully it will follow the same trend.
But Barber has already said the price will go up

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
They will barely be that price anywhere.

The last ones were meant to be stupidly expensive as well, but within about a day or two they were everywhere between £14.99 - £24.99

I am sure that these prices are just released to enable the sports shops to indicate a massive saving and therefore sell more shirts

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
£90 is for the Match spec kits, not sure what the difference will be, probably tighter, some special technology in the material that does gash all.

£60 for the normal replica, which as people have said will be dropped in price after a week or two.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Even that would be a rip off ( the shirt costs including material, shipping etc can't be more than a tenner ).

I agree that it's a rip off considering the manufacturing costs, but i think Barber said that our new shirts would be expensive than last year, so it's an educated guess. I'd love them to be dirt cheap, but i think we all know its not going to happen.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
But Barber has already said the price will go up

Oh has he? I wasn't aware of that. Don't tend to listen to much that guy says!

Maybe it's because we are having a bespoke kit or maybe its just because it's Nike.

If £90 is anywhere near the price of the new shirt then their strap line of "Just Do It" can do one because I certainly wont be "Doing It"!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The "Stadium" shirt concept is what we have all called replica shirts for many years. In the past 10 years or so, generally, for the top teams, the players use a slightly more technical specification shirt, which up until recently were never available on general sale. The differences include better quality fabrics, more fitted cuts (to look better on the players), welded seams, not stitched, printed wash instructions and a bunch of other measures to make them as comfortable as possible for the poor little loves who have to wear them for 90 minutes on the pitch. This meant it was relatively easy to identify a players match worn shirt as opposed to a fans replica. The increase in interest from collectors is what has probably encouraged the manufacturers to make both available for sale, certianly the last WC, and the last Euros many teams had both types available.

As for the Albion, as far as I am aware, all the Errea shirts were the same whether sold as replicas, or used by the players. Prior to that, for example, the Ribero shirts we wore, the players spec ones had a larger Ribero logo. On other shirts, such as the later Adidas shirts, the Bukta shirts, Spall and Sports Express, the players shirts had embroidered Brighton badges instead of printed ones. I can also see that the fabrics on the players shirts in some instances is thicker/better/more durable.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The "Stadium" shirt concept is what we have all called replica shirts for many years. In the past 10 years or so, generally, for the top teams, the players use a slightly more technical specification shirt, which up until recently were never available on general sale. The differences include better quality fabrics, more fitted cuts (to look better on the players), welded seams, not stitched, printed wash instructions and a bunch of other measures to make them as comfortable as possible for the poor little loves who have to wear them for 90 minutes on the pitch. This meant it was relatively easy to identify a players match worn shirt as opposed to a fans replica. The increase in interest from collectors is what has probably encouraged the manufacturers to make both available for sale, certianly the last WC, and the last Euros many teams had both types available.

As for the Albion, as far as I am aware, all the Errea shirts were the same whether sold as replicas, or used by the players. Prior to that, for example, the Ribero shirts we wore, the players spec ones had a larger Ribero logo. On other shirts, such as the later Adidas shirts, the Bukta shirts, Spall and Sports Express, the players shirts had embroidered Brighton badges instead of printed ones. I can also see that the fabrics on the players shirts in some instances is thicker/better/more durable.

I have a 2000 version of the errea kit and it is the sweatiest ******* of a shirt i have ever worn, if the players had to wear exactly the same kit i feel very bad for them.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Bang on cue I just received an e-mail from Sports Direct offering the chance to pre order for £49.99

I am mildly confident that within a week of being on sale this price will be a lot lower

A week before the Euros they were flogging the (then current) england away kit for £15. I shall wait until a week before the WC starts until i consider buying one or not :lolol: I also seem to remember buying the england home shirt in 2010 just before the WC for about £25.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a 2000 version of the errea kit and it is the sweatiest ******* of a shirt i have ever worn, if the players had to wear exactly the same kit i feel very bad for them.

Yup, that would be the same, likewise the Admiral shirts were the same, horrible. Later Errea ones are massively improved.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A week before the Euros they were flogging the (then current) england away kit for £15. I shall wait until a week before the WC starts until i consider buying one or not :lolol: I also seem to remember buying the england home shirt in 2010 just before the WC for about £25.

Generally prior to previous tournaments Sports Direct have flogged the latest England shirts at £20/£25 and they've sold by the bucketload.

The new kit is a fantastic design combining cutting edge technology with the heritage of England shirts but £90 is just too much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here