Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you back to score the next penalty?

Who would you back to score?

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Excluding Spanish Dave, who would you back to score our next penalty (should we be awarded any more)? I believe Ulloa has missed 2 from 2 playing for us and I can't imagine anyone nominating him after his shocker on Saturday. I think it sums up my faith in our attacking players when I say I think I'd be most confident in Ward tucking one away. But if you were the manager, who out of the team finishing on Saturday would you select? Poll to follow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My half blind mother-in-law. Anyone should be able to convert from the spot providing they show confidence and believe in themselves.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Unless the keeper makes an absolutely blinding save, no player should miss a penalty! Hit the target, hit it hard. Missing the target is unforgivable!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Why Ward didn't take it on Saturday, who knows? Me and those around me just knew he was going to miss. When he was waiting to place the ball, he was looking sheepishly at his teammates, the body language suggesting he was hoping somebody else would step forward.

Out of interest, anyone know which row the ball landed in?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The girl who put it right in the corner during that half-time Sussex v Brighton uni penalty shootout.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why Ward didn't take it on Saturday, who knows? Me and those around me just knew he was going to miss. When he was waiting to place the ball, he was looking sheepishly at his teammates, the body language suggesting he was hoping somebody else would step forward.

Z I would imagine.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Have to agree. Plus, in my opinion, Ulloa has never been the most 'clean' striker of the ball. I like a player who is experienced and dependable, hence why I think Ward would be the ideal candidate. I'd probably back Bruno to score too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Calderon.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I voted Lingard; but on reflection, I think Ward is the man.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Will let you know when it does land.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It hasn't yet.

It's just passing through a large Magellanic Cloud as we speak. Estimated to arrive in the C4-B71810 galaxy some time around the year 2091.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
yuke.gif Just in case anyone wants to relive that moment...

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here