Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wait until end of season

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Ok we all have our views on the team/coach/ chairman ect but the reality is there are not going to be any charges on or off the field over the last few games.I think all assessments are pointless until the end,but it has to be said that for certain we are going to finish in a lower position than last season.No matter what reasons we attribute to this it will be a disappointment to many and hard decisions will need to be made.Of course football is a funny old game and we might sneak into the play offs and win promotion,but even then the overhaul of the playing staff would need to be brutal.If we can't score in the championship goals in the premier would be close to miracles.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I fully expected to finish considerably lower this season due to it being the manager's first season and find it a little hard to take seriously anyone who thought otherwise. This without the injuries and so on. I certainly won't be questioning anything. No disappointment here.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I fully expected to finish considerably lower this season due to it being the manager's first season and find it a little hard to take seriously anyone who thought otherwise. This without the injuries and so on. I certainly won't be questioning anything. No disappointment here.

I agree, Oscar came in late and had no input to incoming players as most were already here. We have had a bad season with injuries and then when the injuries look like they are starting to clear up, the club sell Bridcutt and Barnes.
I am more then happy to give Oscar a full pre season and let's see where we are next year.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For the life of me why didn't we just give Barnes what he wanted. Having one half fit first team striker is an absolute joke.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This was always going to be an odd season after last summers goings on.

If there is any overhaul that needs to take place, it has to be of the fitness of the attacking players in the squad. Any manager would struggle to build a cohesive attacking force when his main threats are injured/ill most of the time.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Same here. At the start of the season I thought we'd finish 10-12th and was comfortable with the idea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last chance saloon tomorrow night, failure to win would make it very difficult to stay in the hunt for 6th place.

So if we don't win, we need to start planning for next season from the Barnsley match. Which will mean selecting players who will need to game time to progress, and not playing some of those who will be shipped out in the summer.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I agree, Oscar came in late and had no input to incoming players as most were already here. We have had a bad season with injuries and then when the injuries look like they are starting to clear up, the club sell Bridcutt and Barnes.
I am more then happy to give Oscar a full pre season and let's see where we are next year.

Agree with this. However, the big question is whether Oscar will be able to bring in the quality needed to turn us into genuine contenders. Or do we have to wait until FFP transfer embargoes kick in, at which point we should be able to pick good players up more cheaply?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
If you look at the graph on HERE, makes you think that everyone was more hopeful in the early part of the season than they are now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here