Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter going mad over Sherwood...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
...fans chanting to demand him on the touchline than in the stands.

And now, rumours of him apparently involved in a fisty cuffs battle with a player, allegedly.

Christ this is a season for Spurs fans to forget isn't it!? If true that is...then again 28 goals against the top 4?! Ouch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing that staggered me about this appointment was that it was obvious Sherwood didn't have the tactical nous to outduel the best coaches with the best teams. They would have been better off getting Hoddle in as caretaker. If they get Louis Van Gaal they'll be back in business.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
His face and interviews are so uninspiring. It always seems to the players fault when they lose and when they win he is happy to play the tactical genius, taking all the credit.

Just comes across as a cheesy bellend.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is an absolute calamity. But will give the press a soundbite ala Harry, so they won't turn on him like they did AvB

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
His face and interviews are so uninspiring. It always seems to the players fault when they lose and when they win he is happy to play the tactical genius, taking all the credit.

Just comes across as a cheesy bellend.

I agree with all of this barring the claim of him having an uninspiring face. It's not that I think you're wrong, I just have no idea what an inspiring face would look like (inspiring presumably?).

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
people like him and Gary monk wind me up

they get appointed to head coach or whatever they call themselves, act surprised they got the job, even though they blatantly back stabbed the manager, then act like they deserve the job full time cause they have the teams colors in their blood?

glad they're both doing crap

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
people like him and Gary monk wind me up

they get appointed to head coach or whatever they call themselves, act surprised they got the job, even though they blatantly back stabbed the manager

Cheeky old Redknapp did exactly that at West Ham. It's why he and Billy Bonds haven't spoken in years.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I'm not sure why Spurs ever thought that sacking the guy who took them to their best points tally in the Premier League in one season in charge, has a treble to his name and was working with a squad that was always going to take time to work due to the turnover of players and replacing him with a bloke who doesn't even have the correct coaching badges let alone any managerial experience and who clearly lacks any ideas other than being passionate would ever turn out well.

Joke club, glad to see their decision has been vindicated

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Interesting case, Sherwood. He's obviously got a lot of friends in the media as he's good for a quote and 'tells it like it is'. So the idea's got around that he's a highly respected coach. Why? He's in his mid 40s and this is his first managerial job. I could be wrong on this but I'm sure I heard that he doesn't have all his coaching badges.

Seems to me he represents the new breed of coaches/managers, who are good at getting in with the right executives and waiting for their chance. A British Avram Grant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thought I read earlier that they're only two points worse off than this time last season. Funny how these things look so different based on your last result.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cheeky old Redknapp did exactly that at West Ham. It's why he and Billy Bonds haven't spoken in years.

Did you remind him of that when you (photo)bombed him in his golf trolley, Edna?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here