Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cinderella Law

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ah, state mandated emotional standards. excellent, that will work and solve everything.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Support the idea but (a) just about all of us are going to become even more shizophrenic about how much we are responsible for the problems in their kids lives (I have an 8 year-old who wants to be in charge of everything, thinks she knows the answers to everything and is a drama queen as well as being the best-behaved cleverest girl in her class who would run miles to help any of the other kids and she has suddenly gone from everyone's friend to no-one's friend and being bullied... what did we do wrong?)
and (b) how on earth is it going to be enforced?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hmm,not even sure about some of the theory,let alone how this will help children in practice.
Too many inadequates are having children, when in an ideal world they shouldn't even be allowed to keep a pet hamster.
How you stop this,I do not know.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's been family law for quite a while but has now been encompassed into criminal law.

Yes, and sadly it's led to some heartbreaking decisions to tear kids away from loving and perfectly competent parents, because the "emotional harm" card is played in custody/residency disputes. The burden of proof is staggeringly low.

Maybe the situation will improve under criminal law but I suspect there will still be horrendous miscarriages of justice, as there are now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They're banning ugly step-sisters?

Seems a bit harsh.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And what happens when not so little Johnny at age 14/15 starts blaming his parents emotional abuse of him as a toddler as the cause of his anti social behaviour?

Just when/where can this crap stop?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure that many of us know someone that, through their behaviour, were quite possibly emotionally deprived (does that count as abuse?) when in childhood but how do you set about proving it? I can't see that 'my daddy was always watching football on TV and never took me to the park' will do it. And if the benchmark is kids at boarding school then the royal family, Cameron's and Osbourne's parents should be appearing in court any time soon.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm now worried that my two kids might grass me up for taking them to Withdean and making them Brighton fans when they were very young.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here