Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get 12/1 on Liverpool winning the Premier League

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kind of.

Stevie G is 12/1 at Ladbrokes to win Sports Personality of the Year.

I was skeptical too (esp with a World Cup flop likely), but if Liverpool win the Premier League, he'll definitely make the shortlist for SPOTY.

And if he makes the shortlist, Liverpool fans will vote him to victory...

I'm in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just shows its got nothing to do with personality

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Hmmm, nice idea. Pivotal on England's WC performance though. We would need QF at least for an OK tourney and SF for a successful one. Not that I think we will do either tbh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kind of.

Stevie G is 12/1 at Ladbrokes to win Sports Personality of the Year.

I was skeptical too (esp with a World Cup flop likely), but if Liverpool win the Premier League, he'll definitely make the shortlist for SPOTY.

And if he makes the shortlist, Liverpool fans will vote him to victory...

I'm in.

I'm waiting for Uncle Spielberg for confirmation that he is putting his money elsewhere before going large on this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm, nice idea. Pivotal on England's WC performance though. We would need QF at least for an OK tourney and SF for a successful one. Not that I think we will do either tbh.

Liverpool fans won't care about that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Suarez for overseas, Liverpool best team...................Full Scouse house!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is very hard for a footballer to win this because of the partisan nature of fans. It was astonishing Giggs won it, and that was in a year when he did nothing and was more of a sympathy vote for being old.

You have to get not just the club votes, but the sort of people who (incredibly) voted for Zara Phillips.

Personally I think unless England win the World Cup, or at least get to the final, no footballer can be expected win it this year or any year.

One certainty, though. Ronnie O'Sullivan could win a sixth world title soon with both hands tied behind his back and still not get in the 10.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If Liverpool are going to win the league, then I would suggest they must win all 6 of their remaining games, ergo, you could probably get more than 12/1 on "Liverpool to win the League" as such, by doing a 6 match accumulator on their remaining fixtures.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Liverpool are going to win the league, then I would suggest they must win all 6 of their remaining games, ergo, you could probably get more than 12/1 on "Liverpool to win the League" as such, by doing a 6 match accumulator on their remaining fixtures.

Indeed. Or you could be sitting on a 40-1 betting slip from last summer *gettingtwitchy

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It is very hard for a footballer to win this because of the partisan nature of fans. It was astonishing Giggs won it, and that was in a year when he did nothing and was more of a sympathy vote for being old.

You have to get not just the club votes, but the sort of people who (incredibly) voted for Zara Phillips.

Personally I think unless England win the World Cup, or at least get to the final, no footballer can be expected win it this year or any year.

One certainty, though. Ronnie O'Sullivan could win a sixth world title soon with both hands tied behind his back and still not get in the 10.

Haven't they changed the voting process from Giggs's win? In that year, lots of mysterious votes from the far east counted where betting is prevelant (and Giggs price went through the floor accordingly). Now I think it is UK only although I am not sure how that is policed.

Either way, the 2-3 years of completely odd winners has seemingly stopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here