Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players life saved on pitch- warning shocking scenes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bad collision but it's impossible to swallow your tongue. Unless it's cut off and shoved down your throat

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Well nasty!

Swallowing the tongue is impossible and the expression is used when the tongue falls back in the mouth and blocks the airway, quite common when someone is knocked unconscious.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Lol NSC you never fail to amaze me. First two replies aren't what I thought.

I was expecting something about the quality of the player to immediately act in a potentially life saving way, or the ignorance of the keeper to what was an obvious blow to the face from his own knee, or the fact this lad is PROPER HARD for trying to stand up.

But nope, just two bellends telling us all why the article was wrong in its definition of a phrase. :ffsparr:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Lol NSC you never fail to amaze me. First two replies aren't what I thought.

I was expecting something about the quality of the player to immediately act in a potentially life saving way, or the ignorance of the keeper to what was an obvious blow to the face from his own knee, or the fact this lad is PROPER HARD for trying to stand up.

But nope, just two bellends telling us all why the article was wrong in its definition of a phrase. :ffsparr:

NSC at it's best :nono:

Respect to the player for clocking it straight away and acting immediately.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I crashed in a motorbike race at Brands Hatch in 1983 and swallowed my tongue but not k/o'd - quick intervention of a marshal undoubtedly saved my life.

Now, as an ECB qualified cricket coach part of the certification is emergency aid which must be renewed every 3 years. We are now taught that for such an injury, treatment is to lie the patient on their back and push the chin away from the chest to stretch the throat / airway [by lifting upwards under the neck] - this will cause the tongue to fall to the side and will clear the airway - potential life-saver for anyone involved in any sport.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here