Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Greer be dropped for Tuesday?

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
after the those two mistakes on Saturday and the fact he has been crap all season, will he be dropped or will he keep his place in front of Dunk because he's "the captain".

Thoughts?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's been so crap all season that we had, up until last week, just about the best defensive record in the league. That said, he, as well as Ince, and Ulloa, could all do with a rest for a couple of games.

BroadwayGull

Jan 31, 2014
Worthing
The fact of being club captain does not and should not prevent you from being dropped.

I agree.. Look at other teams, Arsenal have dropped Vermaelen, Hull have dropped Koren and Southampton have dropped Kelvin Davis.. We should have the balls to do the same. Give Dunk a run in the starting 11!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don't like to slate any player but Dunk deserves a chance after that poor performance.

Last edited:

Greer?! Bruno, a.k.a. best mates with OG, puts more pressure on Greer than the opposition simply by vacating the right back position for most of the game! And when bruno'clock (60 mins) arrives when know its gonna be tough there in. Bruno has needed to put in shift in all season, one or two moments of good during a game isn't enough.
That said Dunk earned the right to start after recent performances and at least Calde gives 5hit!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I HATE Bruno so so much. So much. He is a ****ing defender and cant defend for shit. I feel a bit sorry for Greer. BUT Calde and Dunk PLEASE.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Dunk needs a run in the team. His performances this season warrant this. But I'm not convinced that this will happen just yet. Greer made a couple of glaring errors on Sat, he's slow, and he doesn't exude confidence on the ball, but to drop him as a result of those errors would be harsh. Players make mistakes. Despite three straight losses without scoring, largely because of the ineptitude of certain other clubs, we're still in with a chance of the play-offs. While this chance remains alive, Oscar will probably persevere with Greer. Once it's gone, there's precious few reasons to keep going with Greer and depriving Dunk of his opportunity.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
He certainly should be. Has looked the weak link for a while now, and given he was to blame for both goals on Saturday, it must surely be time to let Dunk have a go. Dunk has looked quality when he has played this season.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think Dunk needs a run in the team. His performances this season warrant this. But I'm not convinced that this will happen just yet. Greer made a couple of glaring errors on Sat, he's slow, and he doesn't exude confidence on the ball, but to drop him as a result of those errors would be harsh. Players make mistakes. Despite three straight losses without scoring, largely because of the ineptitude of certain other clubs, we're still in with a chance of the play-offs. While this chance remains alive, Oscar will probably persevere with Greer. Once it's gone, there's precious few reasons to keep going with Greer and depriving Dunk of his opportunity.

Now is exactly the time to drop Greer an give Dunk a chance. No player should be allowed to make mistakes like GG did on sat and expect to be in the squad for the next game. We have a big enough squad to replace [almost] ANY player for a game and should the replacement shine, then its down to the other guy to win his place back during training. Given Dunk's performance when GG served his red card suspension I can only assume GG was f*cking brilliant in training because Dunk is looking so much better on match days!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruno and Greer dropped would be good both have been poor, Bruno is a liability and Calderon is not just a better defender by far, he is better going forwards as the stats bear out. Greer not only is making errors he is so short sighted and kills any momentum.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
after the those two mistakes on Saturday and the fact he has been crap all season, will he be dropped or will he keep his place in front of Dunk because he's "the captain".

Thoughts?

Personally I'd like to see Dunk given a go and I wouldn't have brought Greer back straight away, I said as much at the time. However, truthfully I was happy with any combination of the three. I have to pick your sensationalist post up on 2 points.

1) He hasn't been crap all season. If he had been, how would we have the excellent defensive record we have? It's not down to Bruno is it, so that would mean Ward and Upson have carried the back 4 - that can't be true.

2) He's captain not "captain." He has been for a while and has done a great job. Regardless of where we go from here Greer has been a superb servant and those fans booing him, whilst they are entitled to their opinion, should have some more respect in my eyes.

The sad truth is there is an element of our (any club's??) support that need to have someone to take their frustration out on. Now Barnes has gone it seems to be fallling on Greer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The sad truth is there is an element of our (any club's??) support that need to have someone to take their frustration out on. Now Barnes has gone it seems to be fallling on Greer.

Agree with all you've said in this post, but it's surely Lopez that's been copping the frustration post-Barnes, whereas it's all being released on Greer after Saturday. And to TCB and Father and Son, like SHC, my view is that Dunk deserves a run, which is precisely what I said in my first post in this thread. But the thread is entitled 'will' and not 'should' Greer be dropped for Tuesday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here