Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fine margins - Lopez's early chance

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
They've not showed it on bbc or sky highlights but the replays at the time showed it was a great save (?) by the keeper - for all the meltdown on here, it could then have been a very different game..... if my granny had balls ectetera...... some fans need to get a grip. We are still in the hunt and stranger things have happened (Palace were dogshit for the latter part of last season and look at the jammy basterds now).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They've not showed it on bbc or sky highlights but the replays at the time showed it was a great save (?) by the keeper - for all the meltdown on here, it could then have been a very different game..... if my granny had balls ectetera...... some fans need to get a grip. We are still in the hunt and stranger things have happened (Palace were dogshit for the latter part of last season and look at the jammy basterds now).

Looked a better save when the played it on the screens..at the time i thought Lopez should have buried it and mishit it (which i still think he did)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It was an excellent save. From what I remember, the keeper was moving to his right then had to fling himself to the left to get there one-handed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The old Spanish Dave would have buried it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fella next to me said:-

'Oh it's going to be one of those games'.

Not wrong.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's the first incident in the extended highlights on Seagulls Player

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Too right. I know we played poorly but yet again we should have been out of sight. From memory there was that great Lopez chance, Lingard putting a one on one past the post, Andrews' point blank miss, Ulloa's close range header and of course the penalty plus numerous other half chances. It must be so frustrating for OG. And taking chances, especially early on, changes games.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Too right. I know we played poorly but yet again we should have been out of sight. From memory there was that great Lopez chance, Lingard putting a one on one past the post, Andrews' point blank miss, Ulloa's close range header and of course the penalty plus numerous other half chances. It must be so frustrating for OG. And taking chances, especially early on, changes games.

I agree - and feel some sympathy for OG. He sent out an attacking line up and we created lots of decent chances but the players let him down.

As with other recent games we should been out of sight by half time but were just not clinical enough. Look at the goals we have conceded in the last week to Ipswich, Sheff Weds and 'Boro. OK the defending was appalling for several of them but they were pretty simple chances and dispatched easily. We had plenty of similar chances in each of those games but failed to take them.

Yesterday's half time penalty shoot out featured several really decent penalties that were beautifully buried into the bottom corners - but cannot believe how our own professional striker with aspirations of a future in the premiership could then balloon his penalty so far wide of the goal. We've seen some lame efforts from Barnes and Harley in recent seasons but Ulloa's was abysmal. I hope the players are really put though their shooting drills before the next game.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He did send out quite an attacking side, yes. I was pleased to see Dave in the centre of midfield, where he played well last season, instead of on the right, where he has been fairly useless this season. And he did okay there, yes he should have scored, but it was nice to see a midfielder getting into a position where scoring is a possibility.

That substitution...I have never seen so many fans baffled and bemused. The attacking intent was extinguished after 30 minutes. I think that this is the reason that so many seem so pissed off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here