Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed - Leicester away parking

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Thread title says it all.

Advice on parking and time to get to the stadium would be appreciated.

Sat nav says 1hr45 from where I am but how much extra time should I allow?

Thanks in advance.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
How To Get By Car & Where To Park
Leave the M1 at Junction 21, or if coming from the Midlands, follow the M69 until the end of the motorway (which meets the M1 at Junction 21). Take the A5460 towards Leicester city centre. Continue on this road, until you go under a railway bridge. Carry on for another 200 yards and turn right at the traffic lights into Upperton Road (sign posted Royal Infirmary) and then right again into Filbert Street for the stadium.
Allow yourself a little extra time to get to the ground as traffic does tend to get quite congested near the stadium.

Recently a number of 'Residents Only Parking' schemes have been implemented on streets off the A5460 Narborough Road and Upperton Road, near to the ground, which means that street parking now has to be found further away from the stadium. You can park on side streets off Narborough Road but located further back in the direction of the outskirts of Leicester that you will have travelled through, (if approaching from J21 of the M1) but this may then mean a 20+ minute walk to the King Power Stadium.

Alternatively you can park at Leicester Rugby Club (£3) which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium. Dan Willatt a visiting Nottingham Forest fan advises; 'The Police close a number of roads around the stadium for up to 40 minutes after the final whistle to allow fans to disperse. We parked at a car park located in Filbert Street, but in the end in took us well over an hour in queueing traffic to get away from the ground. It may be best to consider parking further away from the stadium if you want a quick exit.' This official car park in Filbert Street has to be pre-booked with the Club and costs £15 per car.

Map showing the location of the King Power stadium (at the bottom of this page).

Post Code for Sat Nav: LE2 7FL

http://footballgroundguide.com/leicester_city/

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thread title says it all.

Advice on parking and time to get to the stadium would be appreciated.

Sat nav says 1hr45 from where I am but how much extra time should I allow?

Thanks in advance.

Loads of car parks quite near the ground, you know, the sort of ones that aren't car parks unless there's a game on. When I've been to Leicester it's been fairly easy getting in and out, and we have parked a ten minute walk from the stadium.

From Cambridge? Leave by 5, probably earlier, what with rush hour traffic etc.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Mowgli 37 you are way too nice.............I was just going to suggest google search and get there preferably before the game starts..........

I always look at that website first before going to a new ground but I thought there were kind thoughtful people on this forum who could speak from experience.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Loads of car parks quite near the ground, you know, the sort of ones that aren't car parks unless there's a game on. When I've been to Leicester it's been fairly easy getting in and out, and we have parked a ten minute walk from the stadium.

From Cambridge? Leave by 5, probably earlier, what with rush hour traffic etc.

Great advice, thanks.

Much appreciated.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ps. I predict the fat bloke with a drum next to the away fans will annoy you. A lot

And the woman who spends her whole time being abusive and homophobic, who is as close to the away fans as it is possible to be. She is a little irritatating.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would endorse the advice to arrive around 6.30 otherwise parking within sensible distance of the KP any later can be tricky and also snooker you for a swift getaway later.

The bloke with the drum is very annoying but last season received so much amusing banter from Albion fans that he was much quieter second half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here