Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massively missing Crofts

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Box to box hard midfielder who doesn't bottle the challenge and would get this stuttering engine firing again...
...oh, and he can score goals.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Funnily enough this is how I view Dale Stephens as a player, an ideal replacement for Crofts, but he's not getting picked at the moment (ill or unfit? )

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think the team generally lacks bite at the moment. Even Ince looked a bit lightweight yesterday.

Crofts is sorely missed. Barnes too, in my opinion, and El Abd. These are players who fight for the team (sometimes literally). Yesterday we just seemed so meek and bland.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think the team generally lacks bite at the moment. Even Ince looked a bit lightweight yesterday.

Crofts is sorely missed. Barnes too, in my opinion, and El Abd. These are players who fight for the team (sometimes literally). Yesterday we just seemed so meek and bland.

I'm one of Ince's biggest fans and it has become noticeable to me recently how little he moves forward with the ball compared to earlier in the season. I sincerely hope this isn't a product of training sessions at the club. We should be trying to harness and use Ince's natural exuberance not trying to modify or frustrate it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Box to box hard midfielder who doesn't bottle the challenge and would get this stuttering engine firing again...
...oh, and he can score goals.

Too right and can I add he is our missing leader on the pitch. Disappointed with ince yesterday, was he ill or had he been ill? he looked heavy legged and running on empty or was it just the fact that Andrews and ince seemed miles apart so a lot of unnecessary running going on?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We are also missing Bridcutt in a different way. At times the back 4 had no options to feed the ball into midfield as neither Andrews or Ince were available.

Whilst its a lack of goals which is our problem at the moment, there is no fluidity in our play and that's where Bridcutt and Kishishev before him were so good. Ince was just about our best player yesterday, but he doesn't read the game or settle things down as much as Bridcutt.

Andrews played ok but I'm still not sure what his role is? Is he a holding midfielder or is he supposed to break ahead of the ball? If its the later he really doesn't have the legs to fulfill that role.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We are also missing Bridcutt in a different way. At times the back 4 had no options to feed the ball into midfield as neither Andrews or Ince were available.

Whilst its a lack of goals which is our problem at the moment, there is no fluidity in our play and that's where Bridcutt and Kishishev before him were so good. Ince was just about our best player yesterday, but he doesn't read the game or settle things down as much as Bridcutt.

Andrews played ok but I'm still not sure what his role is? Is he a holding midfielder or is he supposed to break ahead of the ball? If its the later he really doesn't have the legs to fulfill that role.

Agree with all that. Normally when we've lost games or underperformed in recent years you could at least look at the way the team is playing and understand what it is they're trying to do. Yesterday it was just too muddled. Bridcutt has a good footballing brain and we miss that a lot.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Agree with all that. Normally when we've lost games or underperformed in recent years you could at least look at the way the team is playing and understand what it is they're trying to do. Yesterday it was just too muddled. Bridcutt has a good footballing brain and we miss that a lot.

Your going to miss quality players when they leave or get injured, we lost two of our best players in Bridcutt and Crofts and whilst El-Abd and Barnes aren't top level Championship players, you can't fault their work rate effort or commitment and with them leaving a lot if our fight seems to have disappeared with them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crofts and Orlandi seem to be the type of players who get the Oscar way of playing very few others do, big blow that they are both injured. Oscar really hasn't had much luck in his first season in England.
Injuries, the woodwork, most keepers we play against looking absolute quality and players who seem incapable of putting away reasonably simple chances cannot be placed at his door. He has ONE striker to pick from which is a ridiculous situation for a side that are supposed to be challenging for promotion. Laughable even, if you're not a Brighton fan

TB and PB tightening the purse strings this season is the main cause of our demise IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince was just about our best player yesterday, but he doesn't read the game or settle things down as much as Bridcutt.

Which game did you go to yesterday as perhaps I should have gone to the same one instead of BHA vs Middlesbro. In the game I saw Ince was poor in comparison to usual and was totally overshadowed by Andrews.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Which game did you go to yesterday as perhaps I should have gone to the same one instead of BHA vs Middlesbro. In the game I saw Ince was poor in comparison to usual and was totally overshadowed by Andrews.

Ince and Ward were the only two players to come out of the game with a semblance of credit. Andrews was ok and certainly undeserving of the stick on other threads but Ince was much improved after a poor display against Ipswich.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince and Ward were the only two players to come out of the game with a semblance of credit. Andrews was ok and certainly undeserving of the stick on other threads but Ince was much improved after a poor display against Ipswich.
As I said we must have watched different games and different Ince cos the 1 I saw was a poor immitation if the previous one and on that performance would be dropped Tuesday if we had another player to play his role.

We must just agree to have different opinons.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As I said we must have watched different games and different Ince cos the 1 I saw was a poor immitation if the previous one and on thst performance woukd be dropped Tuesday if we had another player to play his role.

Ince is the big black geezer built like a brick shit house.

Andrews is the old pasty looking fella.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ince is the big black geezer built like a brick shit house.

And played like one with no skill whatsoever yesterday. He wins the ball after he has lost it in the first place by his poor control or vision. Andrews is the old player trying to teach and show Ince and JFC what to do as a midfield player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here