Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Oscar.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
“In the second half we played much better than the first and we were the better side but they went ahead.”

Either

a) I dreamt it all.
b) The man's deluded.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The second half performance before we conceded was indeed an improvement on the the dire and incredibly boring first half. I think he's spot on although we weren't in control at any stage of the game.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Wow! I must have watched a different game? Is that now 4 defensive errors in three games! no goals,missed penalty. When we had a free kick outside there box nobody had a clue who was taking it. Wrong substitutions were made and wrong players were subbed off! Creativity is low, desire is low! But don't worry Oscar tells us we were better at times? Than what? An average well organised Middlesborough side? I want to hear him a little more intelligent than this! This man worries me!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure what game Oscar was watching, tbh. We were better before Buckley came off. I actually thought we started well. Every week I read 'we were the better team' etc, even when it's blatantly not the case.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
It's one of the few English sentences he has picked up 'we were the better team had lots of chances and deserved more' or a slight variation of it. **** off and bore some other teams fans!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
“In the second half we played much better than the first and we were the better side but they went ahead.”

Either

a) I dreamt it all.
b) The man's deluded.

Oh dear. Did he really say that? I do hope he's not got the same affliction that Micky Adams mkII succumbed to when we were failing under him. If so, then I can't see this ending well at all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's one of the few English sentences he has picked up 'we were the better team had lots of chances and deserved more' or a slight variation of it. **** off and bore some other teams fans!

Let me guess, you were one of the people moaning last year that Gus said too much in his interviews?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We started decently until Buckley went off, first half was a write-off after that. He is indeed right though that the second began much better until their goal.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think his quotes are 'man management'. Keep 'em sweet until seasons end.

He knows he witnessed a steaming pile of turd being laid in front of him. I bet inside he can't wait for player contract renewal time to dump the dross.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe the best plan is to get the Chairmen o the clubs to agree that games are decided by a panel who vote on who was the better team and we only count the number of goals in a toe breaker?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think his quotes are 'man management'. Keep 'em sweet until seasons end.

He knows he witnessed a steaming pile of turd being laid in front of him. I bet inside he can't wait for player contract renewal time to dump the dross.

No idea why you were given a thumbs down for those comments, I'll cancel it out for you :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Garcia is way out of his depth and needs putting out of his misery

If we had Mourinho or Ferguson I reckon you'd still be calling for their heads as you have done for every single managers since you signed up to NSC. No credibility whatsoever from me and the wind up bluff is a bit tired and dull now, a bit like the team's performance yesterday.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If we had Mourinho or Ferguson I reckon you'd still be calling for their heads as you have done for every single managers since you signed up to NSC. No credibility whatsoever from me and the wind up bluff is a bit tired and dull now, a bit like the team's performance yesterday.

I've been right every time I've called for a managers head, I'm not a sheep like most on here and prepared for second rate

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've been right every time I've called for a managers head, I'm not a sheep like most on here and prepared for second rate

Every time you get your ARS in gear the manager knows he hasn't got much time left.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Let me guess, you were one of the people moaning last year that Gus said too much in his interviews?

Actually I liked the bloke until he ****ed the playoffs up with his ego and antics. I liked he spoke out was passionate and a bit odd sometimes. Why?, does that preclude me from moaning about the current shower of shit?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
But we were in control of the game. We had over 60% possesion. If their keeper had not made two great saves we would have been two up after 7 mins. The brainless empty vessels now moaning would be instead hailing a brilliant game.

Ifs buts maybes, we started well, should have scored a couple (I agree we have been very unlucky as well as missing our chances), but then what? Negative shit football, poor passing, lack of ideas and the worst pentaly since Chris Waddle. This season has been so poor, we could you been up for automatic promotion had half the team played to their potential.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But we were in control of the game. We had over 60% possesion. If their keeper had not made two great saves we would have been two up after 7 mins. The brainless empty vessels now moaning would be instead hailing a brilliant game.

We could have 90% possession but if you can't make it count and still lose what use is it. We need to be a little more assertive and to dallying around at the back where most of the possession is built up

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

We were not in control of the game at all. Apart from maybe the first 10 mins.
How much of that 60% possession was in our own half going sideways and back? A fair chunk I would guess.
Possession stats are irrelevant. Goals and shots (remember them?) are what matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here