Paul Barber
The players
Us supporters for expecting too much.

Take your pick, sorry cant do a poll.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Feels like it's becoming clear the whole coaching team is not getting the best out of the squad, that includes motivation and tactics, the players have to take some responsibility but they play as the manager tells them to.

Amazed you didnt mention LuaLua you usually blame him for everything BG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everyone is to blame.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The majority has to be with the coaching set up. But those responsible for negotiating player deals, ie Grabban, are also partly responsible for this mess. No disrespect to Bournemouth, but we should have been able to outbid them and you wonder how many other potential deals never quite made it. For the first time, after the Sheff Weds game, Oscar showed some frustration at this.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Feels like it's becoming clear the whole coaching team is not getting the best out of the squad, that includes motivation and tactics, the players have to take some responsibility but they play as the manager tells them to.
Have to ask, is this squad really as good as some here believe? If we progressed to the premier through the play offs, which players would we retain? Ulloa, Upson? Apart from Kuszak I don't think any others would be of any use.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's football. There is no one cause.

Middlesbrough deserve some because they closed us down, and played better football, their keeper for some decent saves
Ulloa deserves the blame for that penalty.
Lopez for that shot in the first half.
Andrews for his shot
Lingard for his
Greer for his mistakes
Kaz for so much squandered potential
Burke for his signings or lack there of, selling players and not replacing them
Kemy and others for not stepping up, putting in the effort and execution needed to add to the team
the fans for their apparent sense of entitlement (what right do we have to a top six finish?) and how that shapes their expectations
Oscar for the influence he has on so many aspects (signings, training, coaching, team selection, tactics, instructions, etc)
Fate/god(s)/happenstance for so many variables

So many things factor into a result (or run of them) that you can't just pin down one thing to blame.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Have to ask, is this squad really as good as some here believe? If we progressed to the premier through the play offs, which players would we retain? Ulloa, Upson? Apart from Kuszak I don't think any others would be of any use.

I don't think they are as good as many others think but I also think a good manager should be able to get the best out of any group of players and I just don't think he is doing that. Pulis is getting something good out of a terrible bunch of players, it can be done.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I don't think they are as good as many others think but I also think a good manager should be able to get the best out of any group of players and I just don't think he is doing that. Pulis is getting something good out of a terrible bunch of players, it can be done.

Maybe Oscar IS getting the best out of this squad. To get to the top ten in this league with this group of players is the ceiling.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
This is a weaker squad, losing Bridcutt was massive, Barnes work and goals are missed, no Vicente, plus the injuries

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I heard this on the way to the train as it was because of him that Poyet was sacked and he has refused to sanction transfers in. I couldnt believe that I heard it.

Wow you are really totally deluded aren't you. I was typing out an explanation of what his job is and how that will naturally mean refusing big money transfers but I cannot be bothered. As for Poyet.............I really can't be bothered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here