southwick
Been a big supporter in the past. However now is the time to bring back Wilkins

Clueless ****!

Bring back Wilkins??? Are you for real?
Oh, I'm also in the oscar out club as it goes and have been for some time

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
People need to take a reality check.

If I had said we would be even within touching of the play-offs whilst at Gillingham who would have taken that?

We have too many new supporting Muppets and I would happily invite them all to box me!

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013

If I had said we would be even within touching of the play-offs whilst at Gillingham who would have taken that?

We have too many new supporting Muppets and I would happily invite them all to box me!

Am I reading this incorrectly or have you just offered out the whole of NSC?

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

Of course we've come a long way since Gillngham,but the danger now is we are losing the momentum and while the championship is great in many ways the nature of sport is to aim for the top.Its hard at the moment to feel we are going backwards not forwards on the pitch.

Imagine Oscar with Wilkins as assistant. Those teamtalks....

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
People need a reality check we are Brighton a little club on the up punching above our weight and once you have followed this great club for more than a couple of seasons you will get use to the ups and downs and as I told my nephew last season to enjoy as he won't see us finish this high in the league for a while again. I predicted we would be lucky to finish 10th so for me I am happy just remember how Watford fans must be feeling!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
People need a reality check we are Brighton a little club on the up punching above our weight

Sorry but that's the sort of thing I'd expect a Wendy supporter to say. We've come a long way but in the last 3/4 years we've had as much opportunity as most and could/should have done better. We can point to all sorts of excuses but the past 2 seasons we've buggered things up at one point or another

Anyone saying we're building for the future needs to put it in context of the constant FFP propaganda that's trotted out to us. Our defence is ageing, we have a totally disjointed midfield and strikers who are injury prone or simply can't score.

As for OG my gut feel is we should boot Jones out let Oscar bring in his own assistant and see if that changes anything. May be totally off the mark and timing is awful

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm not advocating the dismissal of Garcia, as he should be given a whole pre-season/season to prove himself. If Bloom does push the panic button i'd look no further than Dennis Bergkamp.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Might have different tactics and be more motivated though......

If they aren't motivated enough by the huge sums of money they are being paid and the prospect of playing in the PL then it would seem we have spoilt children playing for us and not profesional athletes.

Personally I just don't think we have that great a squad in terms of talent.

It could be that Oscar actually has us punching above our weight in terms of the talent we have and our position in the league.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If they aren't motivated enough by the huge sums of money they are being paid and the prospect of playing in the PL then it would seem we have spoilt children playing for us and not profesional athletes.

Personally I just don't think we have that great a squad in terms of talent.

It could be that Oscar actually has us punching above our weight in terms of the talent we have and our position in the league.

And there you have the modern sportsman, rarely care about the club just pick up the cheque.

Yesterday, was entirely Oscars fault. By starting Buckley he must have believed pace was the answer to beating Boro, so why when Buckley was injured did he switch Lopez instead of bringing on KLL.

I don't think Oscar is to blame for the season, but yesterday was an abject performance.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Never mind Gillingham. If you'd have said we'd now be touching distance of the play-offs at the start of this season I'd have been more than happy after a dreadful disruptive summer. And that was without knowing that several of our best players would miss long stretches through injury and we'd sell our only fit backup striker in Jan.

Looking at the table, I'm not quite sure which teams above us some people feel we have a divine right to be ahead of. Burnley perhaps (though not long since they were in the Prem), Derby (likewise), Ipswich maybe. And on top of that we're ahead of Blackburn, Watford (play off runners up), Boro, Leeds, Bolton.

Yesterday wasn't good but booing at half-time? Give me strength. Some of our 'supporters' are an embarrassment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never mind Gillingham. If you'd have said we'd now be touching distance of the play-offs at the start of this season I'd have been more than happy after a dreadful disruptive summer. And that was without knowing that several of our best players would miss long stretches through injury and we'd sell our only fit backup striker in Jan.

Looking at the table, I'm not quite sure which teams above us some people feel we have a divine right to be ahead of. Burnley perhaps (though not long since they were in the Prem), Derby (likewise), Ipswich maybe. And on top of that we're ahead of Blackburn, Watford (play off runners up), Boro, Leeds, Bolton.

Yesterday wasn't good but booing at half-time? Give me strength. Some of our 'supporters' are an embarrassment.

This

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The problem is we are not little Brighton anymore the expectations have been raised with all the investment, the crappy PL ready talk and the "branding" of the club supporters now expect the improvement on the pitch to match that - Pandora's box is not so easy to close once opened .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here