Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind the manager and give him the time he needs and deserves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry for another Oscar thread but I thought I would try and redress the balance and take the focus from the threads posted by our unhappy 'customers'. I have taken my post from one of their threads and created this one.

He needs time to put his vision into practice, There have been several problems at the club which he has had to deal with. We were in disarray when he arrived and dealing with all the nonsense from the last manager. He has had injury problems all year and now he has the added issue of players being out of contract. He is clearly struggling to get his game plan going and may take a little longer than we would all like to adapt to Championship football.

We really haven't given him enough time to do his job, he should be given at least a summer and proper pre season before we right him off. Anything else is just knee jerk and part of the instant gratification culture which blights football and wider culture in this day and age.

We complain that football treats us like customers and not proper fans yet that is exactly how we behave.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I take it you haven't had to endure the utter boredom of OG's negative football at the Amex this season. Sorry the man and Jones are out of their depths, the team he picked today and the substitutions showed this. They both need to go at the end of the season!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Another thing that I obviously need to have explained to me, along with transitional season. The "disarray" we were in, last summer. A manager left. That's all. A manager left. As it happens, that manager had taken us from near the bottom of the third tier of English football to fourth in the second tier of English football. Not a bad legacy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If we give him anymore time we will be in a relegation battle , the team is falling apart at an alarming rate and the clueless couple of Garcia and Jones stand there watching it happen

Over sensationalised nonsense with no basis of fact. Take it to one of the threads started by the customers.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bloom will give him time.

Despite the players going missing recently we are still in the mix.

A good pre-season, culling the crap and the sicknotes, and bringing his own men in and then we can start to judge his potential.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
For me, it's the fact that we have so clearly gone backwards in the last 9 months. I'll give anybody time, but I'm really struggling to see the 'progress' - something just doesn't feel right about our current set-up, it really doesn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Another thing that I obviously need to have explained to me, along with transitional season. The "disarray" we were in, last summer. A manager left. That's all. A manager left. As it happens, that manager had taken us from near the bottom of the third tier of English football to fourth in the second tier of English football. Not a bad legacy.

disarray may not be the right word but it certainly wasn't the smoothest transition of managers. Oscar came in late due to the process of removing Gus which i believe has hampered his first season.

For the record I was and am a big supporter of Gus and was not intending to diminish his record with us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Is this were a Man U forum I'd be accusing you of being a Scouser.

I just don't understand this word 'deserves', why? Why does Garcia 'deserve' the summer? What has he done that no other manager being PAID a very decent salary wouldn't have done?
Where is this 'plan' you talk about. I don't see a style at all. I don't see what he is trying to achieve and as he never really speaks to the fans I haven't a clue.
What I do know is that since Forest sacked that **** the types of names e.g. Mackey, being linked would do us nicely thanks.

Bottom line is we've given this guy a massive chance in a massive league on the back of him winning a league in a country where that league is the eqivilent of the Championship but he was managing Chelsea.

He's not lost me because he never had me. Respect has to be earned. I could never understand why we were singing his name after one match. Supporting the manager is one thing. Blind faith is daft.

I will not slag off a brighton manager in the ground, but on here I flipping will.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I take it you haven't had to endure the utter boredom of OG's negative football at the Amex this season. Sorry the man and Jones are out of their depths, the team he picked today and the substitutions showed this. They both need to go at the end of the season!

Bit far for me to 'endure' the current set up. I just hold on to my memories of the halcyon days of our glorious history. Funnily enough though my old man who has been a season ticket holder for decades says he likes the style of play and is confident that when he gets it right all will be goodl.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For me, it's the fact that we have so clearly gone backwards in the last 9 months. I'll give anybody time, but I'm really struggling to see the 'progress' - something just doesn't feel right about our current set-up, it really doesn't.

Losing your best player, Briductt, your main creativity, Orlandi, along with Barnes, Crofts, Buckley for most of the season, Lopez not getting near the standards he set last season and Ulloa seemingly struggling with the amount of games being asked to play, will do that to a team

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Bloom will give him time.

Despite the players going missing recently we are still in the mix.

A good pre-season, culling the crap and the sicknotes, and bringing his own men in and then we can start to judge his potential.

His own men?
So far that's Lita, Obika and Rodriqez. All absolute shite from what I've seen.
I'd like to know what the clause is with Lingard as although he clearly has quality he is also very lightweight yet he seems to be being picked over LuaLua every time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here