Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus had witnessed that performance today...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...he'd be blowing a gasket!

But Oscar just stands there with his hands in his pockets. Apparently he's a very good man-manager. Not questioning that, but you have to wonder - how on earth does he MOTIVATE the team?

Show some passion, man - then maybe your team will.

albionsam

Mar 25, 2014
Didn't see Gus blowing a gasket at the end of last season . Just planing his was out and mugging the club off .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Didn't see Gus blowing a gasket at the end of last season . Just planing his was out and mugging the club off .

On the contrary, I think he blew too many gaskets - that's what cost him his job!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
After the two previous defeats, I was very surprised there was only 1 change. Personally I would have liked to have seen Calderon for Bruno, Stephens in midfield if available as has been suggested and either March or Lualua start. I can't think of many managers who would keep picking a losing side. It's like rewarding failure and whilst on the subject, didn't we win two on the trot with Dunk playing and kept two clean sheets??? He couldn't have done much wrong, yet was straight out of the team. Whetever happened to play well and keep the shirt???

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
After the two previous defeats, I was very surprised there was only 1 change. Personally I would have liked to have seen Calderon for Bruno, Stephens in midfield if available as has been suggested and either March or Lualua start. I can't think of many managers who would keep picking a losing side. It's like rewarding failure and whilst on the subject, didn't we win two on the trot with Dunk playing and kept two clean sheets??? He couldn't have done much wrong, yet was straight out of the team. Whetever happened to play well and keep the shirt???

Agree with this, also think Ulloa has become complacent. There is no competition for his place, he knows if fit he starts, no matter what his previous performances have been like.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Poyet would have come out after the game and said he was bored that we couldn't score a goal, bemoaned the lack of strikers available to him, questioned the budget and then said he was off to play golf

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As much as I hate to say it I think they would have performed better with Gus

Gus, as much as I like(d) the bloke, would have had a breakdown long ago about the injury problems and the lack of available forward players. We wouldn't be better off with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here