Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We are Still in the Hunt

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2014/15 season tickets will be on general sale from 9am on Tuesday 1st April. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online.*

Oscar Garcia believes Albion are still in the hunt for the play-offs – despite a rocky patch of form which has seen the Seagulls slip to three straight defeats in the last eight days – the latest coming at the hands of Middlesbrough at the Amex today.
Albion head to Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night, knowing victory at Ewood Park could put them within a point of the play-off places with seven matches still to play, in another crazy Championship season.
The Seagulls head coach said, “It is down to our good work before [the run of bad results] that we are still capable, and we still have a good chance of making the play-off places this season.
“The fans know by now, that for me the next game is always the most important – so Tuesday’s is the priority now. We will pick ourselves up and make sure we are ready for Blackburn.
“I know the fans were frustrated today. I want to thank them for coming in great numbers and supporting us again. We wanted to win for them and all I can say is that we are just as disappointed.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Oscar refused to criticise striker Leo Ulloa after his penalty miss. With the score at 1-0 the Argentine fired over from the spot, after Solly March had been fouled.
He also refused to criticise his defence after two uncharacteristic slips gave Albert Adomah and Danny Graham the chance to score for the visitors.
"Normally, when David Lopez is on the pitch he is the penalty taker, but if not the next in line is Leo. He has been outstanding for us and has been scoring crucial goals and we cannot blame him.
“Across the season the defence have also been outstanding for us but in the last few games we have made some mistakes at the back and the opposition have punished us.
“It is difficult for us because when we make a mistake the opposition always seem to punish us but when the opposition make a mistake we have not punished them in the same way.
“It is a little frustrating because we cannot do anything more. We are working very hard to try and improve but we are not having the luck in front of goal.*
“In the second half we played much better than the first and we were the better side but they went ahead. Then to miss the penalty was a big blow for us and their second was a killer goal.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here