Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is how i see it - Bring on next season

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I'm not being overly critical of the current set up bearing in mind what happened over the summer with Gus, the introduction of a manager with no english football experience and in my opinion a weaker squad than last season so if we finish top half of the table it's not a bad season by any stretch of the imagination I just feel we don't need the distraction of the playoffs dragging the season out which we are unlikely to win when trying to improve the squad for next season.

I'm more frustrated for the following and possibly unfounded reasons -

I still believe we have one, possibly two seasons left when it's "our Moment" when the new stadium still has a novelty value when we maintain the high number of season ticket holders i can see if we don't make any noticable progress season ticket sales and general interest will drop and with it the obvious financial impact. Do we really want mid table for the next 5 or six seasons with apathay setting in. Of all those who left early Saturday whatever your opinion of them will any first time watchers come back and pay £35 plus? I'm sure they'll have a damn good think about it before shelling out the cash.

Ability to bring in players of the quality we require who WANT to come here - I feel we've struggled with that this season compared to last and we are in danger of this dropping again.

Danger to retain the quality we have - How much longer will the Big Pole hang about?

I anticipate the other arguement of saying "look how far we have come from the Archer and Bellotti days, Hereford and playing at Gillingham" We have come a fantastically long way but it's history and that is all it is, never to be forgotten but we need to let that go in the past now - We want the acadamey and training facility open just as we hit the big time not to produce players to sell to the likes of Hull, Swansea and Norwich as we should be up there shoulder to shoulder with these similarly sized clubs not flogging our talent to them.

I'm not saying spend millions recklessly just sensibly find the players to do the job as no disrespect to those that have come in over and since the summer none of them are really up to it for taking us to the next level in fact the majority have been disapointing at best. I feel to not invest to move forward we will inadvertantly move backwards which after all the hard work by so many to get where we are now. Just one big push for bext season, yes it may all go wrong but isn't it better to say at least we gave it a go than to never really try and have a nagging doubt at the back of your mind saying "did we really do everything we could to achive the goalof premier league football when we had the chance

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here