Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we *throwing* this season?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It just doesn't add up

We were all over Ipswich and Middlesbrough, but conceded two without reply in both ???

We have the players to carve open ANY team, but put up these contrived sh*t performances

I posit the theory we are purposely throwing this season, for reasons unpublicised

A penalty five yards over the bar ???

Puleeeeeeez!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very much doubt they're actively trying to throw it, but the utter lack of fire in the bellies makes the end result pretty much the same. Practically every team to visit the Amex this season has wanted it more than us, irrespective of relative league positions. Every damn team looks far more of a threat on our goal than we look on theirs. Still that Accountancy Age award for FFP Most Prudent Club will look lovely in the museum eh? Will be some sort of recompense for the JCLs drifting off in their thousands. :wave:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
No

We just couldn't score in a brothel. Can carve out however many chances you like, but if you can't score you won't win games

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It just doesn't add up

We were all over Ipswich and Middlesbrough, but conceded two without reply in both ???

We have the players to carve open ANY team, but put up these contrived sh*t performances

I posit the theory we are purposely throwing this season, for reasons unpublicised

Puleeeeeeez!

Oh stop bloody moaning. You've got a lovely pair of new trousers, what more do you want?

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
The guy behind me repeatedly kept saying it was a fix, that Ulloa had missed his penalty on purpose, and that the team had been told not to win.

I thought his view odd and a little misguided.

This was echoed by the rather portly man a few rows in front who told him to shut up and f*** off !

Harsh but fair.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's all psychological.
The Albion players do not want the pain of another play-off semi-final defeat.
They are subconsciously playing their way to avoid it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At no time were we all over Middlesbrough today we couldn't pass we couldn't cross we couldn't shoot and we couldn't control the ball. Worst home performance of the season. Only highlight of the day was the boro fans and the SWC singing to each other

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It just doesn't add up

Puleeeeeeez!

All over Ipswich and Boro ? What games were you watching ? We didn't deserve to win either

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We were all over Ipswich and Middlesbrough ????? UMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!:facepalm:

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
At no time were we all over Middlesbrough today we couldn't pass we couldn't cross we couldn't shoot and we couldn't control the ball. Worst home performance of the season. Only highlight of the day was the boro fans and the SWC singing to each other

At times today we played some decent stuff and as usual with a bit more guts,desire and conviction, we might have won comfortably! As ever we had more quality posession than the opposition again today, but this has been a unbelievable frustrating regular occurence at The Amex and something you think should be easily addressed.There seems some reluctance from within the club to find that little bit extra needed?? Is there that issue of being ready to go to the next level `too soon`?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It just doesn't add up

Puleeeeeeez!

You think so ??????
All except Middlesbrough, Barnsley, Ipswich , Derby, Charlton etc... need I go on ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
In all fairness, do you want us promoted? Imagine this current squad in the PL... Major investment would be required!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
In all fairness, do you want us promoted? Imagine this current squad in the PL... Major investment would be required!

This is the thrust of the title of the thread. If we are averaging 27/28 000 in the Champ, Shirley 19 games in the Prem would actually cost us more in lost revenue and increased player costs ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here