Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a current Brighton player!

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
I wasn't going to put this on here but I am so pi**ed off from the lack of effort and commitment in our last few games by certain players that I thought you should all have your take on it.

I was recently talking to a family member of one of our current players. I couldn't believe it when he told me that certain players in the squad had already booked their summer holidays as they are out of contract in the summer and know they will not be getting a new contract if we make the premier league. So maybe this explains the lack of effort in recent games by some players? Also the bust up between Bruno and Kuszczak after the goal we conceded in the 90th min at Sheff Wed continued into the changing rooms with Kuszczak aiming several punches at Bruno. Kuszczak is apparently fuming with certain members of the squad booking themselves an early holiday so maybe Bruno is one of them? Last of all I was told that the current Brighton player thinks that the majority of players within the squad are over paid by the club and even admitted that he himself was on too much money due to the role he plays at the club. Maybe this explain why we cant afford a new striker?

The player in question is not who you think it would be.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wasn't going to put this on here but I am so pi**ed off from the lack of effort and commitment in our last few games by certain players that I thought you should all have your take on it.

I was recently talking to a family member of one of our current players. I couldn't believe it when he told me that certain players in the squad had already booked their summer holidays as they are out of contract in the summer and know they will not be getting a new contract if we make the premier league. So maybe this explains the lack of effort in recent games by some players? Also the bust up between Bruno and Kuszczak after the goal we conceded in the 90th min at Sheff Wed continued into the changing rooms with Kuszczak aiming several punches at Bruno. Kuszczak is apparently fuming with certain members of the squad booking themselves an early holiday so maybe Bruno is one of them? Last of all I was told that the current Brighton player thinks that the majority of players within the squad are over paid by the club and even admitted that he himself was on too much money due to the role he plays at the club. Maybe this explain why we cant afford a new striker?

If that happened in the dressing room after the Sheff Wed game, I hate to think how Greer is feeling sitting in casualty at the Royal Sussex General Hospital at the moment as he waits to go for an x-ray.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Which player?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
images.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
If this is true then you should have kept it to yourself as you were told this in confidence. Brighton are and always have been a club with a large support but a lower league side. Bloom is trying to change that but that is how it is. Not acceptable but its been like that for most of Brighton's history. Brighton are probably the most under achieving football club in the country given the size of its support. 29,000 for Ipswich at home in the second tier and what today, 27,000 / 28,000. Of course the current players are not worthy of that sort of support but then back in the day nor were the players who played in front of 34000 against the likes of Rochdale at the Goldstone. This current crop of players are therefore just another bunch of unworthy losers to add go the list of the other under achieving sides in our history.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It does seem as there is something going on the squad, like him or not, Poyet did keep the players disciplined. It might be due to his lack of English or another reason, but I don't think Garcia has the control that Poyet did over the changing room. Hopefully the issues get resolved, and we can build for next season.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If they aren't getting a contract here perhaps they would be better off trying to earn a contract elsewhere rather than going on holiday.

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
At first it was my plan to keep this to myself but after the effortless performance today why should fans still pay £30+ to go watch a game when certain players playing in the blue and white stripes are not giving their all for the club. I understand these players want new contracts but its unfair on the fans and the club as a whole for players not to give 100%.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Players book summer holidays, so what! None of them will be at the World cup so what do you expect them to do. Perhaps you can confirm the dates of these holidays. Let's be honest, they have a very short window in which to go. Season normally finishes on 3rd May and by 3rd week of June they are probably back in training. I suspect, on the slim chance we did get to the play-offs then holidays will be cancelled.

Also don't believe a player will openly admit they are paid too much compared to other players in the division. Maybe they were making a social comparison in that they are overpaid in relation to nurses, firefighters etc etc.

Non story.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
the bust up between Bruno and Kuszczak after the goal we conceded in the 90th min at Sheff Wed continued into the changing rooms with Kuszczak aiming several punches at Bruno.

Bet Bruno wishes Brez had been playing; he couldn't land a punch to save his life.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If this is true then you should have kept it to yourself as you were told this in confidence. Brighton are and always have been a club with a large support but a lower league side. Bloom is trying to change that but that is how it is. Not acceptable but its been like that for most of Brighton's history. Brighton are probably the most under achieving football club in the country given the size of its support. 29,000 for Ipswich at home in the second tier and what today, 27,000 / 28,000. Of course the current players are not worthy of that sort of support but then back in the day nor were the players who played in front of 34000 against the likes of Rochdale at the Goldstone. This current crop of players are therefore just another bunch of unworthy losers to add go the list of the other under achieving sides in our history.

Ever heard of Leeds ?

Feb 14, 2010
Ever heard of Leeds ?

Yes, I have Leeds fans as mates and as they point out, Brighton get bigger crowds than them despite the fact they have won League titles, been in the top flight in the last 30 years and have been "champions of europe".. (even tho they haven't)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This would go with the rumour that El Abd had a bust up with Nathan Jones in the morning and was sold that afternoon, Dont know if either are true or just rumours but does not seem out of the realms of possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here