Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutless performance. Oscar is a joke.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Absolute shocker today, players were poor but Oscar has a lot to answer for. Shocking tactics, shocking substitutions. We are going backwards. Today I have joined the Oscar out camp. The bloke hasn't got a scooby. Goodbye Play Offs

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
THE TRAGEDY IS WE COULD HAVE BEEN WELL ENTRENCHED IN THE PLAY-OFF POSITIONS BY NOW
I said it once and have not changed my mind
the guy is out of his depth

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I agree, anyone who tells their players to hit a penalty 3m over the bar at 1 nil down is obviously useless. The players aren't converting in front of goal. Thats not oscars fault! You also dont know what goes on behind the scenes re transfwrs. Oscar may well have been told he cant sign another striker as he has two returning from injury shortly. Again, not oscars fault!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I agree, anyone who tells their players to hit a penalty 3m over the bar at 1 nil down is obviously useless. The players aren't converting in front of goal. Thats not oscars fault! You also dont know what goes on behind the scenes re transfwrs. Oscar may well have been told he cant sign another striker as he has two returning from injury shortly. Again, not oscars fault!

What you on about? Forget the shite penalty. I'm talking about his negative bullshit passing game he tries to play. Its just crap. His style is crap, his tactics are crap..... He is crap.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Absolute shocker today, players were poor but Oscar has a lot to answer for. Shocking tactics, shocking substitutions. We are going backwards. Today I have joined the Oscar out camp. The bloke hasn't got a scooby. Goodbye Play Offs

I was in the in camp but have joined you.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The heart left the club in the transfer window when El Abd and Barnes left. We now have a squad of players who hardly seem to give a shite and are lacking in bottle. Two moments epitomised this. Nobody wanted to take the penalty and the free kick in injury time. Lacklustre describes today's performance, a word which also sums up the managers demeanour.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Moyes out! Moyes out! Moyes out!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Today we were very poor but can we get real if all the players were available would that have been our starting eleven

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

So it's not his responsibility to allow extra training for areas we struggle in and play the correct tactics and formation to support Leonardo 'Crusoe' Ulloa up front?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We all moaned that Gus didn't have a plan B but it looks like Oscar doesn't have a plan A

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Lest we forget, this season appears to be shaping up a bit like the end of our first season back in the championship under Gus. We worked our way back into a situation where we were playoff contenders... and then the wheels came off at the end and we couldn't buy a win. The next season came together pretty well.

I refuse to submit to the modern football disease of expecting immediate results. I want to see what Oscar can do after his own close season. Add to that the opening of the academy and hopefully the final implications of FFP becoming clearer and we will be in a much better position to evaluate how the club is doing.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It was a day of 'no' = no passion, no belief, no tactical plan, no conviction, no pace, no confidence, no plan B, no idea and no chance of making the playoffs. Boro wanted it more and deserved to win, it looked like we had given up on the playoffs already! I've never criticised the players before but that was a totally inept performance.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Ulloa didn't want to take that penalty, it was very obvious. In fact like he didn't want to take it so much I said to the guy next to me as long as he he hits the target and misses then fair enough. With regards to Oscar, the football is no more boring than under Gus. Give him a full pre season, let him bring in HIS players and judge him next season. This one was all about consolidation after the mess Gus left behind. If we'd been told we'd be 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand and out best player (Bridcutt) gone with 8-9 games left, I'd be amazed at people who said they wouldn't take it.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013

But it's his fault that he just stands there with his hands in his pockets showing no passion at all!!!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Ulloa didn't want to take that penalty, it was very obvious. In fact like he didn't want to take it so much I said to the guy next to me as long as he he hits the target and misses then fair enough. With regards to Oscar, the football is no more boring than under Gus. Give him a full pre season, let him bring in HIS players and judge him next season. This one was all about consolidation after the mess Gus left behind. If we'd been told we'd be 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand and out best player (Bridcutt) gone with 8-9 games left, I'd be amazed at people who said they wouldn't take it.
It's not about the league position though - it's about the boring and negative style of play. 39 goals in 38 games is pathetic.
We sign Lingard who is a proven goalscorer and then play him as a bloody left winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here