Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Oscar really be blamed?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Obviously he has to take some of the blame, but people around me seem to speak as though we have a plethora of attacking talent being frozen out so players like Spanish Dave can start.

The way I see it is that we're just completely clueless in the final third, none of our players seem to be able to cross the ball apart from Ward and Bruno. And when we get decent chances we can't bury them like Ipswich and Middlesbrough have. A big clear out in the summer is needed for me as too many of our attacking players are simply not good enough. If Buckley is injured again I think it's time to get rid, one good game in 5 and half the season on the treatment table is simply not good enough, Lingard looks not fussed and lightweight, LuaLua gets himself into great positions then more often than not fluffs his lines, Spanish Dave once again showed that he can't take set pieces... A major overhaul of our attacking players is needed imo.

Yes

For me, it's not an impossible job to say to the two wingers you have on the bench one of you is coming on to provide some semblance of an attacking threat when the one winger you did originally pick gets injured. Gutless management

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Obviously he has to take some of the blame, but people around me seem to speak as though we have a plethora of attacking talent being frozen out so players like Spanish Dave can start.

The way I see it is that we're just completely clueless in the final third, none of our players seem to be able to cross the ball apart from Ward and Bruno. And when we get decent chances we can't bury them like Ipswich and Middlesbrough have. A big clear out in the summer is needed for me as too many of our attacking players are simply not good enough. If Buckley is injured again I think it's time to get rid, one good game in 5 and half the season on the treatment table is simply not good enough, Lingard looks not fussed and lightweight, LuaLua gets himself into great positions then more often than not fluffs his lines, Spanish Dave once again showed that he can't take set pieces... A major overhaul of our attacking players is needed imo.

Burke has sold our best players and failed to sufficiently replace them, Oscar has an impossible job if he is expected to turn this into a playoff qualifying team.

Totally sums us up. We have dead wood from a bygone era. We need to freshen it up IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Burke has sold our best players and failed to sufficiently replace them, Oscar has an impossible job if he is expected to turn this into a playoff qualifying team.

He wasn't really given much option with Bridcutt effectively refusing to play unless he was sold.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Yes. The players aren't crap, they need motivating.

Difference between us and Boro is that they pressed us all over the pitch.

I seem to remember that Oscars style was all abput a high pressing game and quick passing.

This has not happened.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No. No preseason, no transfer support, no CMS, Hoskins, Stephens, Orlandi and an aging side.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If we'd won the last three games Oscar would take the credit. So yes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course, but the point is that it freed up wages, put money in the bank, but Burke completely failed in his job to bring in a quality player.

If you look at his track record this season. Agustein, Andrews, Obika, David Rodriguez - these signings are utterly pointless.

It was the last day of the window though wasn't it? Best to spend it wisely in the summer than panic buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here