Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess what? If we DON'T make the playoffs...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...it's OK. It really is. We'll go again the season after, better prepared.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

This. I like to think that most people didn't really expect the playoffs this season, what with the injuries and stuttering preseason we had. It would be awesome, don't get me wrong but i've learned never to expect anything when following the Albion.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

I agree. There's a problem inherent to playing in this division, though, that will probably only get worse.

Given that we have no parachute payments and are doing our best to comply with FFP, we shouldn't anywhere near Forest, QPR etc. at the moment. The money they're spending week on week is astronomical in comparison to us. We sold Bridders and Barnes in January and money we recouped wasn't spent - because we're 'doing the right thing'. Burnley are a (very honourable) exception, of course.

I seriously hope the teams who have kept on spending for fun get absolutely hammered by the FFP rules. I'm not holding my breath though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Managers need time. Oscar cut a frustrated figure himself today. Needs the time to mould his own team.
Of those playing today there are a lot who will not be here come next season. With the funds would like to see who OSCAR brings in.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My frustration is nothing to do with the playoffs it's turning up every week and watching dull, negative and predictable football. Can cope with losing but at least want to see us giving it a go.

Most worrying thing for me today was I went to the game expecting nothing less that the dull display on offer

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We need to strengthen the squad, we can't keep losing our best players and failing to replace them.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Bridcutt, IMO has made way for an absolute revelation in Rohan Ince.

Barnes was not one of our best players. I'm pretty sure nobody could invision how dire we'd be infront of goal with Barnes not in the side.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm not too fussed about missing the playoffs, these things happen. But I don't think there's much evidence to suggest that with the current setup we're likely to be better prepared next season. Do you think there's much reason to believe that the people responsible will get in better players to replace the ones that leave? I don't, personally.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Do you really believe that? We have a number of players out of contract, we are not playing well and if we are honest, based on our performances this year our position flatters us.

Of course I hope you are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here