Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Moyes - Terminal faux pas?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh dear, had a bit of sympathy with Moyes as anyone who followed Ferguson was going to struggle but so far he has had the support of Ferguson so was it wise to suggest that he also would have struggled? Lose Ferguson's support and I suspect he will lose the support of a large proportion of Manure fans.

Still, anything that makes that club decline is alright in my book!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26795961

Interesting, though possibly not surprising, that after the Derby game, off all the Manure fans interviewed on 5Live that I heard, none had a Mancunian accent!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think he's probably right though.

I concur, the squad does not have the previous quality and several players lack the desire to want to win.

I would hope he is give another season however sadly patience may not let him have this, he is an outstanding manager in my view given what he did at Everton on such a shoe-string budget.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Motes is a miserable git who plays ultra-defensive, unexciting football with very few redeeming features. Long may he continue at United!

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I concur, the squad does not have the previous quality and several players lack the desire to want to win.

I would hope he is give another season however sadly patience may not let him have this, he is an outstanding manager in my view given what he did at Everton on such a shoe-string budget.

Paul scholes is the only player missing from last season so the squad quality is not a valid argument

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Paul scholes is the only player missing from last season so the squad quality is not a valid argument

quality of the Man U squad isnt a matter of much debate, its not that great and wasnt last year, many were saying at the time that it wasnt a "vintage" year. half the squad arent playing to the standard they were previously and some where questionable to begin. the point being made is that the other teams are more competitive this season. Certainly Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (for the first half anyway) have better players or been playing to a higher standard this season than last. (Man City underperformed badly last season given the talent available)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Manchester United are a slow motion car crash at the moment, so bad that last weeks 0-3 defeat by City was not even a surprise ! Keep it up Moysey

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
quality of the Man U squad isnt a matter of much debate, its not that great and wasnt last year, many were saying at the time that it wasnt a "vintage" year. half the squad arent playing to the standard they were previously and some where questionable to begin. the point being made is that the other teams are more competitive this season. Certainly Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (for the first half anyway) have better players or been playing to a higher standard this season than last. (Man City underperformed badly last season given the talent available)

Not forgetting that Van Persie was on the form of his life last season. Not so much this season.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
292488_446746965346498_120664588_n.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Scholes did make a difference last year though didn't he? And was Giggs able to do more last year (another year older now)? A couple of little things, Moyes getting used to the setup, a couple of results don't go your way and suddenly teams look forward to their trip to united, and play without the fear the used to have. The spell's been broken.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why is it that when a manager moves from one team to another, they insist on taking players with them that are usually sub standard.
Felliaini, didn't win any prizes for Everton did he.
Moyes inherited a Premiership winning team and demolished it, if it ain't broke etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Great show of support for Moyes when he came out of the tunnel pre match. Looks like neutrals and Man Ure bashers fun is set to continue for a while yet. :clap:

Edit : Villa one up now already !... now what time is that plane due ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Moyes didn't win anything at Everton so no idea how a losing FA Cup final appearance and a Champions League exit in the preliminary round qualified him for the Man U job. Big mistake letting Fergie appoint him without seeing who else they could get

Similarly, Everton are currently flying under Martinez !!

1-0 Villa at the moment too - the "wrong one" flying banner is proving correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here