Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you seriously want to play at the Amex ? 19th - 21st May

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
These sort of things tend to slip by until its to late so i thought id see exactly how many Nsc'ers would seriously fancy it , the logistics of collecting peoples money should be pretty simple these days via paypal ect , sadly im not rich enough to pledge the 1k deposit and then the gig falls flat .

So if you seriously want to play , dont worry about being crap thats not what its all about , put your name down on this thread and if theres enough interest take it from there , if you put down your name you must be willing to shell out a minimum of £200 i guess , that figure is ballpark and pending on the interest will obviously vary.

It would be superb if we could muster 2 teams from here from what ive been told the money we would need would be over 4k for this to happen so a minimum of 24 people would need to sign up to make it a goer.

I guess we could get 1 team no bother but its not much fun playing with yourself without a copy of the daily express .

Lets just gauge how many would for sure want to play asap then take it a step further if theres enough interest .

Please dont just say yes for the sake of it then change your mind when the cap goes round for the money as others will be depending on your contribution .

Ile let this run for a week as i reckon the matchday slots will sell very quickly tbh , but sooner the better so we can get the ball rolling

If we do not get enough for 2 teams i will ring the club and see if theres another single team that need opponents .

Once in a lifetime opportunity and im in even without knees .

Im not bothered about the organising the money ect im sure there are far more clued up people out there the best way to go about it and will leave that open for you all to discuss once we have gauged the interest .

Sorted .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good on you for sticking your head above the parapet. Really hope some of you get to live the dream :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks , ive heard you save a mean penalty .

Oh dear. The worry is, I'm not sure if this relates to a rather inebriated night at a previous REMF game, or a similarly inebriated conversation with one (or two) of NSC's finest :lolol:

Anyway. I hope you can get a team together. Would be a great experience.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
These sort of things tend to slip by until its to late so i thought id see exactly how many Nsc'ers would seriously fancy it , the logistics of collecting peoples money should be pretty simple these days via paypal ect , sadly im not rich enough to pledge the 1k deposit and then the gig falls flat .

So if you seriously want to play , dont worry about being crap thats not what its all about , put your name down on this thread and if theres enough interest take it from there , if you put down your name you must be willing to shell out a minimum of £200 i guess , that figure is ballpark and pending on the interest will obviously vary.

It would be superb if we could muster 2 teams from here from what ive been told the money we would need would be over 4k for this to happen so a minimum of 24 people would need to sign up to make it a goer.

I guess we could get 1 team no bother but its not much fun playing with yourself without a copy of the daily express .

Lets just gauge how many would for sure want to play asap then take it a step further if theres enough interest .

Please dont just say yes for the sake of it then change your mind when the cap goes round for the money as others will be depending on your contribution .

Ile let this run for a week as i reckon the matchday slots will sell very quickly tbh , but sooner the better so we can get the ball rolling

If we do not get enough for 2 teams i will ring the club and see if theres another single team that need opponents .

Once in a lifetime opportunity and im in even without knees .

Im not bothered about the organising the money ect im sure there are far more clued up people out there the best way to go about it and will leave that open for you all to discuss once we have gauged the interest .

Sorted .

I've got me plus 7 mates that want to do it but we can't get any more!

By the way, it is £6400 + vat (£7680) and you are allowed a maximum of 36 players so it works out to be minimum of £178 + vat pp (£213.60) more if you have less than 36.

Assuming you can't talk 7 subs per team to pay that sort of money to start on the bench, it is realistically £280 pp if you can get 30 players and have a video made of the game (£500 fee included in the £280 I quoted).

Me and my mates are serious but can we get to 30 people?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've got me plus 7 mates that want to do it but we can't get any more!

By the way, it is £6400 + vat (£7680) and you are allowed a maximum of 36 players so it works out to be minimum of £178 + vat pp (£213.60) more if you have less than 36.

Assuming you can't talk 7 subs per team to pay that sort of money to start on the bench, it is realistically £280 pp if you can get 30 players and have a video made of the game (£500 fee included in the £280 I quoted).

Me and my mates are serious but can we get to 30 people?

Thanks for that so now we know exactly how much it will be and numbers required , i for one would no way be wanting to play 90 mins but im sure rolling subs would be allowed , anyway , lets see how many for sures we get and go from there .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks for that so now we know exactly how much it will be and numbers required , i for one would no way be wanting to play 90 mins but im sure rolling subs would be allowed , anyway , lets see how many for sures we get and go from there .

Will you be playing 4 4 2?

(joke!)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I'm very interested, do we know if we can bring family to watch?

Gonna need to talk to the wife, I've gotta time it right

scooter1

How soon is now?
I really like the idea of this but it is a lot of dough. Is there any mileage in trying to do it for charity(not the REMF as there is already an established game in place)? Perhaps we could make a good fist of raising money for a nominated charity. 50% of the costs could be covered by donations, the other 50% could be covered by the players wishing to take part and the charity benefits from what is left over(hopefully a decent sum). And if there is the possibility to sell tkts for perhaps a fiver each, this would add to the coffers..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really like the idea of this but it is a lot of dough. Is there any mileage in trying to do it for charity(not the REMF as there is already an established game in place)? Perhaps we could make a good fist of raising money for a nominated charity. 50% of the costs could be covered by donations, the other 50% could be covered by the players wishing to take part and the charity benefits from what is left over(hopefully a decent sum). And if there is the possibility to sell tkts for perhaps a fiver each, this would add to the coffers..

Let's just understand this......

You want people to donate money to charity which also covers some of the cost for you to do something you desire at the same time but cannot afford.

Why would anyone want to contribute to that ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

I understand what you mean and in theory its a sound idea if we had enough time , but the logistics of that can and will make it very hard to get a definate yes from people as i think we have little time if we want to secure a slot .

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Let's just understand this......

You want people to donate money to charity which also covers some of the cost for you to do something you desire at the same time but cannot afford.

Why would anyone want to contribute to that ?

isnt that the way all these sponsored events work? like absailing down a castle, skydiving, bungee jumping etc? its free for the participant as long as they can raise $x amount of cash? i absailed down arundel castle a few years ago for a charity, cant remember which, but had to make a minimum of 100 quid in donations or make up the difference myself. Raised over 200, but i didnt pay a penny to do it.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I understand what you mean and in theory its a sound idea if we had enough time , but the logistics of that can and will make it very hard to get a definate yes from people as i think we have little time if we want to secure a slot .
Probably not feasible with around 8 weeks to go. However, if the offer is there for next year and we knew about from the turn of the year, then we'd have time to look into it.
However, I wouldn't count on the support of Beach Hut..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here