Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chaulas Curry House prices

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Never been yet on Little East Street, food looks good but no prices on the website ...is it expensive?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I dont know to be honest, but maybe a few of us on NSC can all get together for a meal to find out?

Edit: lol

Furthrr edit: hun x

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Good food but not sure about peas in the rice. Also fairly pricey and even more expensive if there's a big group of lads on the beer and they add an extra 4 curries on to your bill, fortunately someone was sober and caught them out.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Been a couple of times , and the food was excellent - not dirt cheap , but fairly priced , given the quality.

Shame about the attempt to do a rip-off , if deliberate.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Chalaus started off as some frozen dishes in a newsagent in Lewes. They were quite cheap to begin with but went up in price as popularity caught on. I always stocked up as there was nothing quite like it 10 or so years ago although the fresh counters in the supermarkets are starting to come round now.

As for pricing, I went to the one in Lewes a year or so back. It was reasonably priced (albeit at the higher end of price for a curry, can't remember exactly) The food as ever was excellent.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used to love the Nanking around there. Short walk to Pickwicks.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great food and great value, would recommend it, they do a buffet at lunch in the week that is very cheap as well.

Im veggie so £5 to £7 a dish of the menu. They do very good Dosa's, if not Indian Summer in East Street is also excellent and often does £10 deals at lunch and some evenings. Both are the best Indian restaurants in town, in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here