Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] An amusing take on Crystal Palace FC - and its fans

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Palace supporters are the type of people of whom their neighbours are prone to say “He kept himself to himself; he was never any trouble; he seemed such a nice man;” as the police excavators dig up the patio to uncover the remains of his immediate and extended family."

:lolol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I've always thought to myself, where do Chelsea fans actually come from, what is their area? A club with no real home fans is a club with no soul and that is exactly what Chelsea are, horrible club with horrible fans my most hated football team by a longshot.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Home counties most of the London clubs especially Chelsea, Arsenal , Spurs, West Ham, Millwall and The Scum in fact from Crowborough The Scums ground is only about 6/7 miles further than Brighton.
In fact a certain gentleman I know well Mr H lets call him on here, and his brothers were Chelsea's top boys !!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most of it's spot on. But even I find it distinctly twattish for a Chelsea fan to mock other clubs (yes, even THEM) for "never winning anything".

The kind of knobbish attitude that gives fans of the top sides (oh! The ones with billions of pounds in the bank! Who knew?) a bad name.

Barring a few half decent seasons in the Sixties & Seventies, Chelsea achieved bugger all for most of their existence, until Abramovich came along. They were no better than Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Home counties most of the London clubs especially Chelsea, Arsenal , Spurs, West Ham, Millwall and The Scum in fact from Crowborough The Scums ground is only about 6/7 miles further than Brighton.
In fact a certain gentleman I know well Mr H lets call him on here, and his brothers were Chelsea's top boys !!

They tell you that did they?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You absolute wankers!
Who are you playing this weekend?
You absolute wankers, you .

Oh.

Oh dear.

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've just done :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You absolute wankers!
Who are you playing this weekend?
You absolute wankers, you .

What I like most about this post is the shocked, indignant fury with which the post was evidently made.

Almost as though it's a genuine surprise for him that an Albion messageboard should contain Palace-related insults and mockery :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I was walking home from work last week I noticed a Crystal Palace season-ticket nailed to a tree. I thought to myself ‘I’m having that!’ ‘cos you can never have enough nails, can you? punk:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There are a couple of comments in reply to that blog that we would do well to note and hope they don't come to be applicable to our club

"I love the header at the top which reads “Our Club. Our Passion. Our Voice” It may have used to be the case when Chelsea had passion and a voice but are now just a corporate souless club"

"Others just see it as a millionaires toy, with plastic flag’s laid out on the seats before games, corporates conducting business meetings from the stands (and asking people to be quiet!) and the real fans that used to be able to afford it listening in on the radio….

Whatever the case, few can deny that success and a fan’s enjoyment aren’t correlated, when you go out and buy it. The club ends up losing its soul. The real fans go because they cant afford it. They are replaced by glory hunters, businessmen and poshos. That’s what has happened at Chelsea. It is sad"

Feb 14, 2010
There are a couple of comments in reply to that blog that we would do well to note and hope they don't come to be applicable to our club

"I love the header at the top which reads “Our Club. Our Passion. Our Voice” It may have used to be the case when Chelsea had passion and a voice but are now just a corporate souless club"

"Others just see it as a millionaires toy, with plastic flag’s laid out on the seats before games, corporates conducting business meetings from the stands (and asking people to be quiet!) and the real fans that used to be able to afford it listening in on the radio….

Whatever the case, few can deny that success and a fan’s enjoyment aren’t correlated, when you go out and buy it. The club ends up losing its soul. The real fans go because they cant afford it. They are replaced by glory hunters, businessmen and poshos. That’s what has happened at Chelsea. It is sad"

These palace fans do support palace who are also owned and run by businessmen who paid the bills when they were in the championship getting between 10000 to 13000 paying punters plus a few groupin freebies? Only difference being the Chelsea bloke has more cash, it's not as if they fought for their club like brighton did ours.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
These palace fans do support palace who are also owned and run by businessmen who paid the bills when they were in the championship getting between 10000 to 13000 paying punters plus a few groupin freebies? Only difference being the Chelsea bloke has more cash, it's not as if they fought for their club like brighton did ours.

Not the point I was trying to make and one of the quotes was from a Chelsea fan in any case ???

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
I don't take any of Chelsea's "success" seriously going back to when Bates and Harding were living the dream a la Risdale & Leeds and Pompey, signing Vialli, Zola, Desailly, Gullitt etc etc on the never never. Only difference is that no mad thieving oligarch baled Leeds or Pompey out.

Palace knock Chelsea into a cocked hat in terms of support and being a worthwhile football club.

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Most of it's spot on. But even I find it distinctly twattish for a Chelsea fan to mock other clubs (yes, even THEM) for "never winning anything".

The kind of knobbish attitude that gives fans of the top sides (oh! The ones with billions of pounds in the bank! Who knew?) a bad name.

Barring a few half decent seasons in the Sixties & Seventies, Chelsea achieved bugger all for most of their existence, until Abramovich came along. They were no better than Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest.

That's harsh on the achievements of Villa and Forest. European champions!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As much as I hate Palace, at least they are real football fans (of sorts). Chelsea? Their paying customers buy an experience, have a winning mentality, are happy to jump on any new bandwagon. Football? They really are clueless twunts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here