Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar on adjusting to England.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some of it's standard fare, but the emboldened bit struck me as interesting.

“But we have to continue to take each game as it comes and we have to train well and make sure we’re prepared and focused on the next game – not on last season or anything else; we need to be focused on the next game and that’s it.”

I read that as code for "...don't get your hopes too high for a playoff place..."

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...car-garcia-on-england-adjustment-1451952.aspx

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Some of it's standard fare, but the emboldened bit struck me as interesting.

“But we have to continue to take each game as it comes and we have to train well and make sure we’re prepared and focused on the next game – not on last season or anything else; we need to be focused on the next game and that’s it.”

I read that as code for "...don't get your hopes too high for a playoff place..."

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...car-garcia-on-england-adjustment-1451952.aspx

OR it just means that we have to forget about what happened last season and go all the way.

English is the guys second language, don't take everything at face value.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's not much in that comment really, but I don't read it as a statement about how we might do for the rest of this season, more a case of forget about the highs and lows of last season's run-in and all that went with it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
English is the guys second language, don't take everything at face value.

Sure, but shirley the club know that too and proof read what he says to ensure the subliminal messages and nuances of language deliver the message he wants to give? Not so for video interviews, of course, but for written commentary....?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sure, but shirley the club know that too and proof read what he says to ensure the subliminal messages and nuances of language deliver the message he wants to give? Not so for video interviews, of course, but for written commentary....?

Maybe you shouldn't search for coded messages in what he says.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe you shouldn't search for coded messages in what he says.

Fair comment. However, most people send coded messages in what they say or don't say, or do, or don't do. As another example: I saw him putting Dunk on as a forward in the game against Wednesday :D as possibly a message too. However, maybe you're right!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here