Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Stats dont lie

0 Not allowed!
    Virgin post so apologies if not in sync to usual standard.

A review of the season stats to date supports the themes on the forum in recent times regarding our inability to score and the strength of our defence. However what is interesting is that Oscar is not correct in his statements about how amazing we are at creating chances but he is correct that we couldnt hit a barn door.

Oscar's - "my philiosophy is to attack attack attack"

Average goals scored per game : 1.05 : 18th in the division (Leicester 1.89)
    Average goals conceded per game : 0.84 : 2nd in the division (Burnley 0.82)

Conclusion : Granted he has been hampered by multiple injuries but hardly attacking minded

NSC theme in recent weeks : we are dull to watch if you like goals

Average goals per match : 1.89 : 24th and rock bottom in the division (2.92 Derby; no other club below two goals average per game)

Conclusion : Stop being critical of Greer, Bruno etc.....but dont come to the Amex if you want to see goals

Oscar's - " we created XX chances...."

Total shots on target : 135 - 16th in the division (Liecester 184)
    Total chances created : 500 - 12th in the division (Leicester 623)
    Total hit woodwork : 14 - joint 1st with QPR
    the most shocking of all : on target % to total shots : 27% - 23rd in the division (only Blackpool worse)

Conclusion : We create chances consistent with a mid-table team; we have a shocking on target ratio...and we are relatively unlucky (we hit the post often)!!

Notwithstanding all of the above I remain optimistic even if we have to settle for a transition year. I recall exactly at this time last year we went and lost to both Barnsley and Bristol (without a single shot on goal!). The teams around us are also inconsistent. If we were to sneak into the playoffs this year while locally expectations will rise there would / should be much less expectation on the team than last year (and some experience in the playing staff on how to manage the process). We would be underdogs v each of Derby, QPR and Wigan.

UTA

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Great stat bashing...barring a nine game winning streak we are far from being a top 5 side this year - and coming 6th is no way to get promoted. I'm happy for consolidation as long as we emerge from pre season with a solid, goal getting, top 3 contesting squad.
      sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
      Pretty much confirms what I've seen all this season, pretty football at times, not physical enough, no real end product and getting results is hard work. All very dull tbh it would be nice to properly turn some teams over but I really don't think this is our season, an average one to forget and push on next season. Take this season on the chin, we get them every now and then.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      To match last season's goal total of 69 I think we need something like 3.3 goals a game over the last nine games...
      sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jabsco View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To match last season's goal total of 69 I think we need something like 3.3 goals a game over the last nine games...
      That's about as likely as finding a plane load of survivors having a BBQ on a desert island beach somewhere.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jabsco View Post
      Well, all we need is Lingard putting 4 past the next few teams we play (we know he can do it) and Leo and Buckley chipping in and we're there.

0 Not allowed!
      The stats speak for themselves - it's all about a lack of goals, having 2 strikers out for the whole season and having loans strikers who've contributed very few goals. Had Oscar known back in July that neither CMS or Hoskins would kick a ball for the 1st XI until April I'm sure he'd have got another striker in for the whole season.
      "Unlawful, void and of no effect"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by adub68 View Post
      Virgin post so apologies if not in sync to usual standard.

A review of the season stats to date supports the themes on the forum in recent times regarding our inability to score and the strength of our defence. However what is interesting is that Oscar is not correct in his statements about how amazing we are at creating chances but he is correct that we couldnt hit a barn door.

Oscar's - "my philiosophy is to attack attack attack"

Average goals scored per game : 1.05 : 18th in the division (Leicester 1.89)
      Average goals conceded per game : 0.84 : 2nd in the division (Burnley 0.82)

Conclusion : Granted he has been hampered by multiple injuries but hardly attacking minded

NSC theme in recent weeks : we are dull to watch if you like goals

Average goals per match : 1.89 : 24th and rock bottom in the division (2.92 Derby; no other club below two goals average per game)

Conclusion : Stop being critical of Greer, Bruno etc.....but dont come to the Amex if you want to see goals

Oscar's - " we created XX chances...."

Total shots on target : 135 - 16th in the division (Liecester 184)
      Total chances created : 500 - 12th in the division (Leicester 623)
      Total hit woodwork : 14 - joint 1st with QPR
      the most shocking of all : on target % to total shots : 27% - 23rd in the division (only Blackpool worse)

Conclusion : We create chances consistent with a mid-table team; we have a shocking on target ratio...and we are relatively unlucky (we hit the post often)!!

Notwithstanding all of the above I remain optimistic even if we have to settle for a transition year. I recall exactly at this time last year we went and lost to both Barnsley and Bristol (without a single shot on goal!). The teams around us are also inconsistent. If we were to sneak into the playoffs this year while locally expectations will rise there would / should be much less expectation on the team than last year (and some experience in the playing staff on how to manage the process). We would be underdogs v each of Derby, QPR and Wigan.

UTA

We'll pay for seagull player for another season as it'll be the same next season as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seagull kimchi View Post
      Great stat bashing...barring a nine game winning streak we are far from being a top 5 side this year - and coming 6th is no way to get promoted. I'm happy for consolidation as long as we emerge from pre season with a solid, goal getting, top 3 contesting squad.
      Agree, going to the Prem via the playoffs is just a wild card, and although I would take it if it happened I would much prefer storming the league next season or coming a close 3rd in it and going into the playoffs as firm favourites.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      Agree, going to the Prem via the playoffs is just a wild card, and although I would take it if it happened I would much prefer storming the league next season or coming a close 3rd in it and going into the playoffs as firm favourites.
      Wasn't that what happened last season?