Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Wrestling isn't Homo Erotic because?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Firstly the costumes make some of them look like fierce warriors from a by gone era when men were real men.

wm6.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've never understood the draw for this nonsense. From the days in your pic above, Ultimate Warrior etc to present day ,it's dull, uninspiring, shouty, over the top, fuel for vest topped redneck wifebeaters, yank dogshit.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Those wrestlers are from a bygone era too.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Make up, tops off, bright coloured outfits, tight shorts, facial hair, holding hands - and that's just Doc Lynam.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Check out Mexican wrestling. The Yanks just copy.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I've never understood the draw for this nonsense. From the days in your pic above, Ultimate Warrior etc to present day ,it's dull, uninspiring, shouty, over the top, fuel for vest topped redneck wifebeaters, yank dogshit.

Well you say that......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hulk Hogan's daughter has got a tremendous pair of norks but a chin like a carpet fitters elbow.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The true fans aka the ones at Wrestmania are Chris Eubank fans he's also a real man's man.

269964132-533x400.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

There are 94 dates in their curent tour, including 10 in the UK. Not my bag in any way, but I do have a cousin who has followed it since he was a youngster, and still loves it many years later, he's a pharmacist in a hopistal in West London. I guess some people like opera, some like musicals, some like to see live bands, others like to see BGT, X-Factor & tribute bands, and indeed quite a lot it would appear like WWF, it's just another type of entertainment.
:shrug:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There are 94 dates in their curent tour, including 10 in the UK. Not my bag in any way, but I do have a cousin who has followed it since he was a youngster, and still loves it many years later, he's a pharmacist in a hopistal in West London. I guess some people like opera, some like musicals, some like to see live bands, others like to see BGT, X-Factor & tribute bands, and indeed quite a lot it would appear like WWF, it's just another type of entertainment.
:shrug:

Okay. :shrug: I still don't understand why anyone likes it. It's camp as Christmas and just as predictable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm secure enough in my own sexuality to not feel uncomfortable watching two grown men fake beating each other up in their underpants so I see no homo-erotic connotations.

I'm secure enough in my own sexuality to admit that yeah, there are homo erotic undertones to it. As there are to lots of sporting contests, especially violent ones like Boxing and MMA.

But, don't worry, there's nothing homoerotic about football

football-kiss-gary-neville-and-paul-scholes.jpg

sxkiss.jpg

England%20captain%20David%20Beckham%20kisses%20team%20mate%20Rio%20Ferdinand-683624

article-1335614-008ED72B00000259-813_226x296.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm secure enough in my own sexuality to not feel uncomfortable watching two grown men fake beating each other up in their underpants so I see no homo-erotic connotations.

Yes but in your bedroom? What does your wife think about it?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

It's a soap, but for men. Gets rid of all the talky bollocks and goes straight for the co-ordinated violence (the only bit of a soap ever worth seeing).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've never understood why people like some ITT find a need to attack those for liking it either, I could say it baffles me why people watch Doctor Who into adulthood but I don't. Probably because people have different tastes in things isn't it?

By the way, if it's massively homo erotic then why is it that the fanbase isn't women oriented? I mean it baffles me that women would rather watch a group of women bitch and moan and slag each other off in TOWIE and some such and find WWE crap and boring.

Wrestling is a soap opera, for men, by men. Besides, there are plenty of women to objectify in it anyway, so TC should be really into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here