Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First same-sex wedding tonight

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
has absolutely no impact of any kind upon my life.........it is the 21 st century and surely we have more pressing things to debate than weather same sex marriage should be legal or not...!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Congratulations to the happy couple and ignore the silly bints that were on QT last night !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Still don't agree with the concept but the best of luck to the both of them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Married at Midnight? They're always out late aren't they the gays?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hear one of them is pregnant, so they want to get the wedding done before the baby is born...

D

Deleted member 22389

Why not? How can you not agree with the concept of marriage?

Some people don't mind, other people have a problem with it especially when religion gets involved and that part will never change.
It doesn't bother me, so best of luck to them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some people don't mind, other people have a problem with it especially when religion gets involved and that part will never change.
It doesn't bother me, so best of luck to them.

Quite. People need to start realising there is no such thing as gay or straight marriage anymore. It's all one and the same. If a gay person parks in a car parking space, it's not a gay parking space. If he eats an ice cream, its not a gay ice cream, just as if he gets married it's not a gay marriage. It's just a marriage.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I get where the religious crowd are coming from: that couples being together is perfectly natural but the institute of marriage is a deliberate thing borne from religious ritual and is specifically between a man and a woman. Trouble is they never seemed to make a song and dance about removing the religious element of marriage for hetero couples and neither do they seem to have a problem with the idea of divorce and re-marrying which seems to fly directly in the face of the vows taken in marriage - especially religious ones. So getting uppity about same-sex couples marrying does seem to be picking and choosing specific elements of the whole process to get upset about. It's hypocritical to complain now, IMO. Anyway, as Al Murray says - he's all in favour of gay marriage, why should it only be straight couples that end up living miserably together?

Good luck to the pair of them - doesn't affect my life one iota.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why not? How can you not agree with the concept of marriage?

I won't sully this thread with an inevitable binfest, I'll send you a PM which you're welcome to share if you wish.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I get where the religious crowd are coming from: that couples being together is perfectly natural but the institute of marriage is a deliberate thing borne from religious ritual and is specifically between a man and a woman.

Actually marriage was around well before any organised religion. Also in Roman times men could marry men.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm against any marriage. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here