Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion player contracts - duration

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
NSC posters often enquire about the contract duration of various Albion players. Bozza has plans to provide this info, as he indicated on another thread:-

I want to host a permanent page that has current contract info. It's on the 'to do' list...

In the meantime, some of you may find this useful:-

GOALKEEPERSCONTRACT END
Tomasz KuszczakJune 30 2014
Casper AnkergrenJune 30 2014
Peter BrezovanJune 30 2014
DEFENDERS
Bruno SaltorJune 30 2014
Inigo CalderonJune 30 2014
Gordon GreerJune 30 2015
Matthew UpsonJune 30 2014
Lewis DunkJune 30 2015
Stephen WardSeason-long loan
Adam ChicksenJune 30 2016
Vitalijs MaksimenkoJune 30 2015
MIDFIELDERS
Keith AndrewsSeason-long loan
Rohan InceJune 30 2016
Kemy AgustienJune 30 2015
Jake Forster-CaskeyJune 30 2015
Andrew CroftsJune 30 2015
Andrea OrlandiJune 30 2014
David LopezJune 30 2014
Dale StephensJune 30 2017
FORWARDS
Will BuckleyJune 30 2017
Will HoskinsJune 30 2014
Jesse LingardLoan until end of season
Kazenga LuaLuaJune 30 2014 (club has 1-Yr option)
Craig Mackail-SmithJune 30 2015
Solomon MarchJune 30 2018
David RodriguezJune 30 2014
Leonardo UlloaJune 30 2017
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
Emil Asmundsson (MF)June 30 2015
Bradley Barry (LB)June 30 2015
Tom Dallison (CB)June 30 2015
Brennan Dickenson (FW)June 30 2015
Shamir Goodwin (FW)June 30 2015
Rob Hunt (LB)June 30 2014
Jeffrey Monakana (WG)June 30 2015
Glen Rea (CB)June 30 2015
Courtney Richards (HM)June 30 2014
Grant Smith (GK)June 30 2014
Josh Smith (GK)June 30 2015
Jesse Starkey (MF)June 30 2015
Christian Walton (GK)June 30 2016

All this information comes from publicly-available sources, primarily: the official club website, the Argus, and the monthly Football Association Player Registration Bulletins. Whilst it is possible there may be one or two errors in the above info (for instance, the club often doesn't give contract durations for development squad players - and it hasn't officially announced the arrival of goalkeeper Josh Smith, as far as I am aware), I am confident that this list is the most complete, accurate and up-to-date information that you will find.

If you have reason to believe any of the above info is out-of-date or inaccurate, please reply to this thread or PM me.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Well from that you can see who has had interest in them from other clubs recently quite clearly! And what goalkeeper will be in the fold very soon...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't Lua Lua meant to be on a unique '3 season long loan' from Newcastle ? ???

:dunce:

:ffsparr:

Seriously, that is all good info, thanks.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great work, thanks for sharing. We need to get Dunk on a long contract as soon as possible. PIG, Upson, Lualua and March also should get extensions. Hope we give Rea a new deal as well, he's looked good whenever I've seen him for the DS.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We've done excellent work getting Agustein and Maksimenko sorted for another year.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Time to cut and run with Orlandi? Fantastic player and probably our most creative but his injury problems are a concern. Time to invest in new blood perhaps?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks AZ. You might be due another award to sit on the mantelpiece alongside El Pres's one.
This list really does show the way in which the club are treating FFP. I'd imagine if lists were compiled for previous seasons, the contracts would be far longer (but I'm not asking you to verify this claim AZ, unless you particularly want to).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
How much is Agustein on?? 8K a week?? That's going to cost us like 400K a season for his 6 appearances.. :(

Nice thread BTW, should be a sticky.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
From what I saw on Monday, I would say Hunt and Rea need to be signed up ASAP! Would also be nice to keep Richards a bit longer maybe another year.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
An interesting list. I think given we have Walton tied up and he is clearly quality would be good to see him brought through soon as cover for Kusczak or whoever replaces him if he gets a better offer. Agree with Mustafa on Solly March and though he hasn't been as good as expected this year Forster-Caskey we need to sort.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
How much is Agustein on?? 8K a week?? That's going to cost us like 400K a season for his 6 appearances.. :(

Nice thread BTW, should be a sticky.

He's on £10k a week. This is the only bit of inside knowledge I've had or am ever likely to have.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can someone confirm what squads we have too.
Obviously a first team but I keep seeing reference to a development squad - is this the new name for the reserves - aka the stiffs?
Also, I hear of u21 with permission to play some overage players [how many, how much older]
Is there also u19?
Others?

Be grateful if someone could set out how it is or post a link.

Cheers ....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can someone confirm what squads we have too.
Obviously a first team but I keep seeing reference to a development squad - is this the new name for the reserves - aka the stiffs?
Also, I hear of u21 with permission to play some overage players [how many, how much older]
Is there also u19?
Others?

Be grateful if someone could set out how it is or post a link.

Cheers ....

The development squad is a new universal term for what used to be the reserves. I think we were one of the first teams in the country to use this term. It mainly features players under the age of 21 but can feature players over that age. The club seems to call it the under 21 squad but it is indeed the development squad.

We also have an under 18 and under 16 team.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
If they renew Lopez's contract I won't be renewing my Season ticket. Why Oscar played him in the middle of the park today.... Maybe he's going to go in goal next week?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If they renew Lopez's contract I won't be renewing my Season ticket. Why Oscar played him in the middle of the park today.... Maybe he's going to go in goal next week?

Because if you want to play passing football it might help to have one player who can pass in the team?
But yeah, Lopez was definately the problem on Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here