Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Water Meter Bill

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just received my revised water bill:eek:

Was £432.00 a year----------expected £1316.00 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame the three wimmin in my life who spend most of their day in the bathroom:wrong:

I will now only shower once a fortnight--apologies to all those in Dicks on Saturday:drink:

Check your past few years statements. I come across this a lot and it tends to be the confusion between ESTIMATED and READ metering.
If your bill has been ESTIMATED for a while the eventuality is that when it gets READ the difference is bunged on straight away.

Failing that it is almost certainly the wimmin! Us smelly men folk drink more water than we use to cleanse!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Meter internal or external?

If external, shut your main stop tap inside off and check the meter is still not spinning, if it is you have a leak under ground.

If dual flush wc's check that they are not internally overflowing back into the pan.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are you absolutely certain you haven't bought a swimming pool recently?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Meter internal or external?

If external, shut your main stop tap inside off and check the meter is still not spinning, if it is you have a leak under ground.

If dual flush wc's check that they are not internally overflowing back into the pan.

Simmosays will like this very good advice. :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Was £432.00 a year----------expected £1316.00 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame the three wimmin in my life who spend most of their day in the bathroom:wrong:

I will now only shower once a fortnight--apologies to all those in Dicks on Saturday:drink:

Your Dad said he thought u honked a bit...get it checked out!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Either I am going to be whooshed or by the figures you have posted you are saving £884.00 per year!!!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think the problem is in the wording. It's ambiguous but does make sense.

Ah. I see. Thank you. I had the Water company send a water doctor to my flat, after a couple of questions he decided my water rates would double upon the information I gave him. I disputed this and insisted I wanted a water meter fitted as I was sure our water usage did not warrant a rise of 100%. A quick phone call to Southern Water customer services resolved my issues and I am currently paying a rate which I am happy with.
Don't be frightened to fight your cause. Stand up against any company that you think is doing you wrong. If in doubt, get a meter fitted and you will only pay for what you use.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Be cheaper to shower and bathe in Harveys imo.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
When I received a ridiculous bill and challenged it customer services asked me if I had a swimming pool. I live in a first floor flat!
Turned out there was a leak but I had to fight my corner to get it detected and the bill refunded.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be honest although scarce, water is very cheap here, in my opinion.
I have a meter fitted and even with 52 000 litre pool, which is topped up a few times in summer, plus 5 people living here my average annual bill is AU$370 which is about 555 pounds.
The garden also gets a soaking 3 days a week in summer as well.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can I be the first to mention the unthinkable ?
A Hosepipe ban is a possibility apparently...there was so much rain that it has washed ludicrously high levels of minerals, chemicals & silt out if the ground that some of the 'stored ' water is unusable...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can I be the first to mention the unthinkable ?
A Hosepipe ban is a possibility apparently...there was so much rain that it has washed ludicrously high levels of minerals, chemicals & silt out if the ground that some of the 'stored ' water is unusable...

How very dare you !

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Whoops---Should of said----I had a meter fitted three months ago and this is my first estimated bill.
If we carry on using the the amount of water we have been the current yearly bill £432.00 will go up to £1316.00
They do a special changeover tariff which still means in year one my bill would go up to £727.00
We do need to cut down.
The thought of showering in Guinness does appeal so I will be looking into that:)
I am a plumber but thanks for the well meaning advice especially from bn9 bha:moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whoops---Should of said----I had a meter fitted three months ago and this is my first estimated bill.
If we carry on using the the amount of water we have been the current yearly bill £432.00 will go up to £1316.00
They do a special changeover tariff which still means in year one my bill would go up to £727.00
We do need to cut down.
The thought of showering in Guinness does appeal so I will be looking into that:)
I am a plumber but thanks for the well meaning advice especially from bn9 bha:moo:

image.jpg

Get a new tank.

Got our expected bill Yesterday! £1800 CHECKING FOR LEAKS:ohmy:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blimey. I pay £24 a month.......4 bed house with 3 of us showering daily, washing machine and dishwasher used daily, no swimming pool. We're metered.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In Crawley, I am paying £240 a year total for a household of two Adults and two teenagers, we are all careful about usage though. I even bake my morning shit till I get to work to save water, plus I like the feeling of being paid whilst turding, even better if I can bake it until I hit overtime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here