Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane Crash off The Canary Islands...not

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone else see that on BBC news this pm.

BREAKING NEWS...A plane has crashed into the sea 2 miles off the island, no other facts yet.

10 minutes later, nobody panic it was just a ship.

Nobody panic, what about people watching that know of loved ones flying in and out today. Too much of a rush to claim 1st prize at reporting it first. Wait till you have some hard facts....disgraceful BBC

Rant over. Sorry.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

BREAKING NEWS...A plane has crashed into the sea 2 miles off the island, no other facts yet.

Nobody panic, what about people watching that know of loved ones flying in and out today. Too much of a rush to claim 1st prize at reporting it first. Wait till you have some hard facts....disgraceful BBC

Rant over. Sorry.

in fairness the BBC is generally far more circumspect than its main rivals on things like this. Surprising. Agree its reckless and misjudged though if they cannot source properly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rant over. Sorry.

Give over, it was hardly just the BBC. I had some SkyNews alert on my phone at pretty much exactly the same time, and it was all over Twitter. It's human nature- look how many separate threads we get on here every time there's some Albion news?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair would be massive news in two planes went down in a a couple of weeks

I wouldn't mind betting that it's not statistically unusual. It just depends on where they're from as to how much you hear about it. Unless there were any mysterious circumstances, à la this Malaysian one.

A plane crashes in Siberia, Congo or Paraguay with the loss of a hundred or so people and you'd probably not even spot it on the news. As would probably have been the case with the Malaysian one if it hadn't all gone weird. One crashes in Europe or the States (or is a plane with lots of Europeans/ Americans on it) and it's wall to wall coverage.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Give over, it was hardly just the BBC. I had some SkyNews alert on my phone at pretty much exactly the same time, and it was all over Twitter. It's human nature- look how many separate threads we get on here every time there's some Albion news?

Yeah but I'm a bloke and I can't multiple task. 1 channel at a time which was the BBC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here