Bristol

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will Man Utd's board reserve the right to shoot down the plane with anti-aircraft weaponry?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why did Cattlin get the boot?

Never found that out.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The difference is that it was a couple of directors who were behind the Cattlin protest, nothing to do with the fans.

That was in the back of my mind when posting this...not a Bloom senior was it?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why did Cattlin get the boot?

Never found that out.

Cattlin's last nine matches:
W1 D1 L7

might have been a contributing factor, especially as the team were aiming for promotion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent scheme. Hope this happens as it will confirm the only thing they will have won all season, the status of Joke Club.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
What I don't get is that every Utd fan will talk to you all week about how amazing Fergie was and that he was miles ahead of anyone in the manger stakes and yet they expect someone to come in and do exactly the same job? It was obvious to everyone that Utd would have a slump this season. Granted, it's been made worse by the fact that Liverpool have sorted themselves out and to an extent, Arsenal too.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What I don't get is that every Utd fan will talk to you all week about how amazing Fergie was and that he was miles ahead of anyone in the manger stakes and yet they expect someone to come in and do exactly the same job? It was obvious to everyone that Utd would have a slump this season. Granted, it's been made worse by the fact that Liverpool have sorted themselves out and to an extent, Arsenal too.

Indeed, they were always going to have a difficult season whenever Fergie left -I'm surprised anyone is surprised. SAF on his own must have been worth about 10 points a season to them. They probably didn't expect it to be quite this bad, but the changes in the other teams have made them relatively stronger at the same time. They'll just be concentrating on not qualifying for the Europa league now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That... and he was undermined through his tenure by certain members of the board.

Can't have been a good working environment to manage in the 1980s: it seems Melia, Cattlin and Mullery were all being stitched up by board members who used their eventual successors as a way to undermine them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can't have been a good working environment to manage in the 1980s: it seems Melia, Cattlin and Mullery were all being stitched up by board members who used their eventual successors as a way to undermine them.

Listen to Chris Cattlin then John Vinicombe (in that order) in the Roar archives for their take on the Board of Directors in the 1980s.

I don't think either of them were particularly impressed.

www.albionroar.co.uk/archive.php

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

A lot (or most) of Taggart's success was down to the back room staff he had there. Moyes should have left them in place for at this season. Fortunately he had a mass clearout and the rest of football is thoroughly enjoying what is happening.

Fingers crossed that he is given another season in charge-after spunking millions on the next Fellaini.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
That was in the back of my mind when posting this...not a Bloom senior was it?

If my memory serves me correctly it was the last home game of the 85-86 season, Norwich City (?), I seem to remember the banner read 'BRING BACK ALAN MULLERY' and the plane had taken off from Shoreham Airport, it was later all but confirmed to me by a very good source that John Campbell, before he found God, paid cash for the whole thing.

At Gulls Eye we enquired about a 'LLOYD OUT' plane message in 1993/4 but the price was a bit excessive even back then.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Listen to Chris Cattlin then John Vinicombe (in that order) in the Roar archives for their take on the Board of Directors in the 1980s.

I don't think either of them were particularly impressed.

www.albionroar.co.uk/archive.php

I'm sure it's me being stupid, but ....... I have just listened to (and thoroughly enjoyed) the Chris Cattlin "Roar"; how do I find the John Vinicombe episode?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I remember the day Charlton were relegated from The Championship, we (Palace fans) had organised a plane to go over The Valley on the final day of the season with a banner saying "Who the f**k is laughing now?" which may bemuse some on here but Charlton fans were so offended they offered death threats to the pilot.

All a bit silly really and very expensive.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
For years you would get garroted to death for mentioning planes within 100m of Old Trafford now they are hiring a while fleet of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here