Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Neil Lennon says that "They now need to go and prove themselves in the Champions League". Don't they get promoted to English Division 2 ? Anyone else over 50 used to think that as a kid after looking at the league tables in the newspaper year after year ?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
All very quiet here from the Great Unwashed in the aftermath of their won derful league wn. I think thye really know thta underneath it all they are **** just a bit less **** than the rest.
All in all a pretty poor season.
-Bottom of the Champions league group
-Not even a semi final of a cup competition domestically
-Poor home attendances nudging the 20k if that , just witness the backdrop when they report on Sky Sports

They have got what they deserve.

TNBA

TTF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks for reminding me, I must go and challenge my 3 year old son to an arm wrestle.

My wife has agreed to organise a ridiculous oversized trophy to give to the winner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks for reminding me, I must go and challenge my 3 year old son to an arm wrestle.

My wife has agreed to organise a ridiculous oversized trophy to give to the winner.

Where is he planning to keep it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A wonderful achievement and to beat your local rivals 5-1 away from home is certainly some way to win the title.

The achievement is all the more remarkable given that, having read Lennons post match comments from games this season, they have had to play against 12 men in virtually every game this season, and in their one league defeat they had to play against 14 men and only had 10 themselves.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You'd think the Celtic players would act with a bit of dignity when it comes to celebrating the MTL title. But no, not a chance.

"Yeah! We beat St Johnstone, Motherwell and the 16th Maryhill & District Brownies! Have some! WINNERS! What time's the open top bus parade?"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You know when you play FIFA on amateur mode for a season just so you win everything?

That's Scottish football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All very quiet here from the Great Unwashed in the aftermath of their won derful league wn. I think thye really know thta underneath it all they are **** just a bit less **** than the rest.
All in all a pretty poor season.
-Bottom of the Champions league group
-Not even a semi final of a cup competition domestically
-Poor home attendances nudging the 20k if that , just witness the backdrop when they report on Sky Sports

They have got what they deserve.

TNBA

TTF

Forgive my ignorance, what team are you referring to?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I work with an Aberdeen fan and he tell's me that there's an unwritten rule amongst Scots that they ignore the Old Firm and just pretend that the table doesn't feature them. As a result the SPL is in fact quite a tight affair being fought out between the Dons and Motherwell.

He's also amused me by suggestions that certain Scots fans have made, that their managers should only ever play their development squads against Celtic so that the results can be 100% null and void and Celtic can be handed a trophy in January. A separate bigger trophy is then handed to the team in 2nd place in May and the ultimate prize is entry to the Europa league.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Without looking it up anyone know the English club who plays in the Scottish league?

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Those with average home attendance this season of 44644 (so far) ?

Embarassed by 3rd division Rangers in this stat, that's for sure.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Scottish football :lol: Life as a Brighton fan is full of ups and downs but I damn sure prefer that than to 'compete' in a shit league, full of shit teams in a shit country. Scotland HAHA.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here