Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Room 101 - What are you putting in ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've got too many to mention.

To start off being served food on a chopping board or a flipping roof tile in a restaurant.

Closely followed by ever being asked to introduce myself to the person on the left in whatever context.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anti-teacher pricks

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Bar staff at the Amex serving me my pint with their filthy fingers around the rim of the 'glass'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who celebrate Thatchers death by writing a song

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
People who whistle in public. Their complete lack of understanding of how annoying it is to people around them wherever it is. And before the NSC "have you told them" police turn up, yes, I tell them every time.

And, (although Terry Venables beat me to this one in the programme), people who do inverted commas with their fingers to embellish a statement.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Music in sport i.e. goal music or when a boundary is scored in cricket.

Words cannot describe how shit this is. If I want to listen to music I will go to a concert I don't want to hear a load of turgid pop music when I'm attending a sporting event.

Cricket has seemed to embrace it within 20/20 and 50 over cricket and it really puts me off going. Even some Boxing events have music between rounds, why?
The day the Albion use goal music is the day I stop going.

Surely one of the best aspects of attending a live sporting event is the reaction and noise of a crowd, by taking this out of the equation with music it takes away so much from the event.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hotels. I hate hotels.

If it's a cheap hotel it's the depression of sleeping in the same room as a kettle and the implied mistrust of a hair dryer being chained to the wall.

If it's more luxurious, it's the fear of never being able to make a cup of tea how I like it and never being able to make my own breakfast or a sandwich.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pro teacher berks and any craft beers knobs.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Slow walkers. Hate them. Add chart music in there too as well as muppets who walk round in baseball caps or 'snapbacks' as they like to call them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Loud mobile phone users and laptop keyboard hammerers on early morning commuter trains that stop me sleeping :rant:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hotels. I hate hotels.

If it's a cheap hotel it's the depression of sleeping in the same room as a kettle and the implied mistrust of a hair dryer being chained to the wall.

If it's more luxurious, it's the fear of never being able to make a cup of tea how I like it and never being able to make my own breakfast or a sandwich.

I have grown to effing hate hotels over the past 18 months of living in one for 2 nights a week most weeks. The worst are the sort that have weddings at weekends and conferences during the week.

Others would be 'baby on board' stickers for cars, and young kids in pubs.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I quite like hotels myself whch is surprising because I cannot stand Lenny Henry. Never gives me a good nights sleep after seeing him every twenty minutes while trying wo watch A Touch of Frost.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here