Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Away

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
What is the best way to get from Yeovil pen mill train station to the ground to those of you that have been before?

Had a look on the bus operators website but it is bloody confusing.Thanks

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Is there a beam back for you to watch it at Huish Park?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Have you asked on the Bournemouth forum? It's a fair question but it seems odd asking it on a random team's forum.

It's bloody miles from anywhere. Both Pen Mill and Junction are 3+ miles away and public transport is a shambles. Yeovil Junction is less difficult. Not sure any Brighton fan would arrive into Pen Mill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have you asked on the Bournemouth forum? It's a fair question but it seems odd asking it on a random team's forum.

It's bloody miles from anywhere. Both Pen Mill and Junction are 3+ miles away and public transport is a shambles. Yeovil Junction is less difficult. Not sure any Brighton fan would arrive into Pen Mill.

Only the ones who travelled from Bristol...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You only played Yeovil last season, wouldn't it make more sense to ask on a Bournemouth forum? Especially when most Albion fans would have arrived into a more distant station.

Neither is handy, for what it's worth. Either get a bus or a taxi to the ground. It's one of the worst grounds in the League to get to.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What is the best way to get from Yeovil pen mill train station to the ground to those of you that have been before?

I would go on the coach or drive as there is plenty of parking at the ground.

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
I have asked on there but as you guys have played them and that this forum has more users thought id ask on here.i haven't been before and going by train.banned from club coaches

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Don't get off at Yeovil.
Can't remember the station we got off at, but think it was the one before.
Decent pub 2 minutes walk from the station, the half moon I think?
Taxi to the ground costs about a fiver more than if you got off at Yeovil.

Good luck getting home, it's a nightmare. Bus to Yeovil bus station, stock up on supplies at Wetherspoons then try to find a taxi to the station

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Good luck when you arrive at the station A)Finding a taxi and B)Successfully managing to convince the village idiot driving it to book you one for the return journey. Seems like there's about 5 cabs in the whole town.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

We grabbed a cab from outside the station and negotiated with the driver to be ours for the duration. He gave us his mobile and when we needed picking up from town to get to the ground we gave him a bell. Same again for after the game. Worked out a bit pricey but split between four of us it wasn't much more than a bus ticket each.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
club's reaction was like we had assaulted someone.way ott

Yeah it normally is. Trick is to disguise it. JD in a coke bottle; red wine in a flask etc.

Well done on stuffing Leeds. Kin hate Leeds.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

From a football perspective, Yeovil is the town time forgot. Actually, from any other perspective, its pretty naff.

The town has two railway stations, both located in inconvenient locations for both the town and the football ground, i.e. the middle of nowhere. The town itself is also inconveniently located, being pretty much in the middle of nowhere in Somersetshire with...yep, you've guessed it, pretty useless road access. The A30 being little more than a country lane.

If you arrive at any of the inconvenient stations, don't expect to get a bus to the ground. The reason you found the bus operators website confusing is because the information you were hoping to find doesn't actually exist. Or pretty non existent from Yeovil Junction for sure. Taxis? Out of luck again. If you have umpteen hundred fans piling off a train at Yeovil Junction, don't expect lots of cabs to be available.

The ground? Yep, located on the far side of town in a bland suburb of industrial units and well? Yeah, thats about it really. As previously mentioned, its miles from anywhere of interest. There is a pub nearby I'm told but I've never experienced the pleasure of it.

Enjoy your day.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here