Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given NSC is very into politics - anyone going to QT tomorrow ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I see Diane Abbot is on, she is everything that is wrong with modern politics.

Where is it being held?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Given the number of folk who post passionately about all manner of political topics (teaching, healthcare, defence, justice, foreign affairs for example), it's rather depressing that the answer to the OP's question seems to be "nobody". Mind you, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that people would rather have an opportunity to post their (often) black or white, over simplistic views rather than risk having to listen to someone espouse a well-argued view that is counter to their own.

D

Deleted member 22389

Where is it being held?

And a specially hand picked audience who will clap just about everything she says. I hate question time.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Given the number of folk who post passionately about all manner of political topics (teaching, healthcare, defence, justice, foreign affairs for example), it's rather depressing that the answer to the OP's question seems to be "nobody". Mind you, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that people would rather have an opportunity to post their (often) black or white, over simplistic views rather than risk having to listen to someone espouse a well-argued view that is counter to their own.

Question Time and north stand chat are both public forums available for political discussion. The fact that one is televised does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the debate.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Enjoy the show, have you a question ready?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Where is it being held?
This in spades.

Not once have I head her answer a difficult question with anything other than meaningless flannel. She is dreadful and only an MP because she is a fat black woman. I'd love to know whether she has ever done anything meaningful to help her constituents. I can only assume she has, as she keeps getting re-elected.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Question Time and north stand chat are both public forums available for political discussion. The fact that one is televised does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the debate.

I don't think there are many folk here who debate political topics. Frequently, people simply expound their, imo, over simplistic views in increasingly strident language, often resorting to personal abuse. That's not debate. QT, for all its faults, and it has many, is at least a debate: it has a chairman, who controls who speaks when.

Note, I'm not saying NSC should be a highly moderated forum! I was merely commenting on the observable fact that there are many people here who post frequently on political topics but don't see to want to engage in an example of debate.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't think there are many folk here who debate political topics.

Note, I'm not saying NSC should be a highly moderated forum! I was merely commenting on the observable fact that there are many people here who post frequently on political topics but don't see to want to engage in an example of debate.

nah
i think you are wrong

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
nah
i think you are wrong

Key word is "debate". I freely admit that some do, but imo most do not. At a rough guess, I'd estimate that 10-15% of people who post about political topics engage in debate. The rest simply "shout" a lot. Anyway, it's not important :thumbsup:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
rather than risk having to listen to someone espouse a well-argued view that is counter to their own.

QT is shit. The miniscule number of 'well-argued views' are drowned by party-line schtick responses, rent-a-quote belligerents, Hugh bloody Grant and idiotic comments from the most idiotic audience this side of a 'Miranda' studio.

Without a shadow of a joke, I definitely learn more from NSC.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I guess I'll be the only NSC representative this evening then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here