Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2014

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not long till it all kicks off again – Mets playing the Nationals next Monday and the Yankees are playing the Astros next Tuesday. I can see the A Rod saga rumbling on and I’m looking for a better season from the Mets, well you live in hope. What are the hopes of other NSC baseball fans?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Not long till it all kicks off again – Mets playing the Nationals next Monday and the Yankees are playing the Astros next Tuesday. I can see the A Rod saga rumbling on and I’m looking for a better season from the Mets, well you live in hope. What are the hopes of other NSC baseball fans?

Off to Montreal this weekend for one of the Jays-Mets exhibition games. Both games at the Olympic Stadium are long sold out - should be a great atmosphere up there.

The hope is that the Jays don't implode like last season. Despite no real additions, last year's AL favourites should be a strong enough group to be competitive, even in the AL East...

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Another good season for the Red Sox will be nice but I'm just looking forward to it all kicking off again. Nothing more relaxing in sport than lolling around with the sounds of a baseball game gently going on the background.

Enjoyed the SCG game at the weekend as well - would be great to MLB over here

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hoping for a good season from the Mets and just having baseball back in my life. Bank account might not appreciate the cost of MLB TV subscription but has to be done

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GOOOOOO Nat'nals.

As Jayson Worth said 'nothing is as difficult as hitting a ball', or words to that effect :facepalm:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
The Rangers are really struggling with injuries at the mo. Very worried about the strength of the rotation, should have the hitting power mind.

Regarding fantasy; I'm an avid Fantasy NFL player but never done one for the baseball season. If we could get 8 or so guys on here we could make a league?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My picks: Yankees, Tigers, Athletics, Nationals, Cardinals, Dodgers. Wild cards Red Sox and Giants.

World Series: Yankees vs. Dodgers. Dodgers to win 4-3.

Best pitching rotation = Giants. They will push LA hard and at 33-1 for the World Series they look like a decent bet.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Here we go Cardinals, here we go!

Looking forward to another season in the thick of the pennant and playoff races for the Redbirds and seeing what they are doing with the "Ballpark Village" area next to the stadium.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Rangers are really struggling with injuries at the mo. Very worried about the strength of the rotation, should have the hitting power mind.

Regarding fantasy; I'm an avid Fantasy NFL player but never done one for the baseball season. If we could get 8 or so guys on here we could make a league?

[MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] is your man - he organised the one we did last year. It was a lot of fun. I have taken a sabbatical this season.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dodgers beat the Demonbacks twice in Australia.

That SHOULD wrap the season up, I think.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Dodgers beat the Demonbacks twice in Australia.

That SHOULD wrap the season up, I think.

I shall enjoy watching the ridiculously over-paid LA Dodgies completely fail to live up to their hype this season. They are now - by far - the highest spenders in baseball, with a total payroll of $235m, $32m above the Yankees, even - Dodgers Top Spender, Ending Yanks' 15-Year Streak

Yasiel Puig will be great entertainment this year; unfortunately for the Dodgers, I think it will be for all the wrong reasons.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I shall enjoy watching the ridiculously over-paid LA Dodgies completely fail to live up to their hype this season. They are now - by far - the highest spenders in baseball, with a total payroll of $235m, $32m above the Yankees, even - Dodgers Top Spender, Ending Yanks' 15-Year Streak

Yasiel Puig will be great entertainment this year; unfortunately for the Dodgers, I think it will be for all the wrong reasons.

Even though they are no longer the highest spenders in MLB it was still nice to see the Evil Empire fail to make the playoffs last season, in fact nothing really went right for them last year - they also lost the Subway Series against the Mets for the first time ever. Be interesting to see what happens after Jeter retires at the end of this season. Although I despise the Yankees I have to admit that Steinbrenner was an effective owner - his sons just don't have what it takes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I believe the Jeter Factor could focus the Yankees this season, and provides A-Rod with a chance for partial rehabilitation of his reputation. They're in the toughest division but have got so much experience and quality.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
A-Rod's suspended for the entire season, isn't he? I fully expect Jeter to break down at some point, and Ellsbury's bound to get injured too. Shame! My Red Sox won when they weren't supposed to last year, probably too much to hope for a repeat but the nucleus is still there. Can't wait to start listening to and watching games that matter, very relaxing.
I believe the Jeter Factor could focus the Yankees this season, and provides A-Rod with a chance for partial rehabilitation of his reputation. They're in the toughest division but have got so much experience and quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like you're right. It looked like he'd be allowed to play while appealing against the ban but seems to have accepted it now. But if you've got a batting line-up of McCann, Teixeira, Jeter, Kelly Johnson, Beltran, Soriano, Suzuki and Ellsbury then runs shouldn't be a problem.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Another year in the doldrums for the Twins :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here