Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live tonight @ 7pm on youtube. Pro - Europe Nick Clegg V's Anti - Brussels Nigel Farage.

Who'll win the debate?

• Clegg

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Farage

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why isn't this on terrestrial? Both leaders have so much to gain, and I daresay the media will be full of it tomorrow.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think it will be a bore draw.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Why isn't this on terrestrial? Both leaders have so much to gain, and I daresay the media will be full of it tomorrow.

There's two parts and the 2nd one is live on BBC 2 next Wednesday evening. Not to sure why this isn't been broadcast on terrestrial TV as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If it turns out to be a bore draw then that will be terrible news for Farage.

This is very brave of Clegg; UKIP is a one-issue party and Farage eats, drinks and sleeps the EU debate, so should have the facts at his fingertips. If Clegg can edge the debate then he'll be back in business, at least with the media if not yet with the voters.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No one ever wins. We all lose.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If it turns out to be a bore draw then that will be terrible news for Farage.

This is very brave of Clegg; UKIP is a one-issue party and Farage eats, drinks and sleeps the EU debate, so should have the facts at his fingertips. If Clegg can edge the debate then he'll be back in business, at least with the media if not yet with the voters.

If Clegg nails Farage... Cameron wins.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Please leave the thread if you have no interest.

weetabix3-300x292.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's often been said that in order to understand Europe there needs to be a proper debate so people can make up their minds. So, cometh the hour, cometh the obscure digital channel!

Those that watch this will be either lovers of politics, UKIP people, Lib Dems or voyeuristic Tories. I can't see many of those people changing their views after tonight, although that might have been the case with an audience of 6-7 million on BBC1.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bit early to be discussing Eurovision, isn't it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Should be interesting Clegg has little to lose, the Libs are low in the poles. For Farage a gamble that could backfire

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For this debate to have any value, the 'bad points' (i.e. the rhetoric which features issues like exaggerated claims, statements which can't be backed up, distortion of the truth) etc must be dealt with immediately with true facts. Sadly, I don't think either of these two can deliver that.

There is a serious risk of grandstanding, posturing and meaningless white noise. If it's a serious political debate you're after, don't include people who consider themselves politicians.

This isn't going to be a debate about Europe - it's a debate about two grey personalities.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
it's a debate about two grey personalities.

Regardless of your political persuasion I struggle to understand how anyone could call Farage "grey" - Clegg yes but not Farage. It's like calling Tony Benn, Cyril Smith or Churchill "grey".

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Clegg tries to be "all things to all men" and comes across as a bit insincere (to me at least). Farage, whilst having only a single agenda, does it rather well and I expect him to edge it.
UK politics needs a bit of a shakeup and UKIP (and to a lesser extent the Jockerendum) might provide it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nick ****ing Ferrari? Clegg were loose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here