Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub Recommendations

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Turning to the good folk of NSC for help - it is my sister's 40th in a couple of weeks and want a nice pub with decent food, relaxed and toddler friendly to take her and the rest of our extended families for lunch. I live in Brighton and she lives in Chichester so want somewhere in the middle ideally..

So where is best between Brighton and Chichester - not too far off the A27 corridor? Can only really think of the Black Rabbit in Arundel and think that is a bit over rated personally..
Ta

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Turning to the good folk of NSC for help - it is my sister's 40th in a couple of weeks and want a nice pub with decent food, relaxed and toddler friendly to take her and the rest of our extended families for lunch. I live in Brighton and she lives in Chichester so want somewhere in the middle ideally..

So where is best between Brighton and Chichester - not too far off the A27 corridor? Can only really think of the Black Rabbit in Arundel and think that is a bit over rated personally..
Ta

http://thesportsmanamberley.com/

Greavsey, this is an understated place and a little tucked away. Go for the food, which is top notch pub food, the views from the conservatory, which are stunning and a walk afterwards around a beautiful village, chock full of thatched cottages. Should be no problem, with the toddler.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
http://thesportsmanamberley.com/

Greavsey, this is an understated place and a little tucked away. Go for the food, which is top notch pub food, the views from the conservatory, which are stunning and a walk afterwards around a beautiful village, chock full of thatched cottages. Should be no problem, with the toddler.

Thanks mate - looks great. Big fan of Amberley but never been to the pub. Happy days.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The George at Burpham near Arundel. 01903 883131. Look it up, Luvverly it is.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
CheeseRolls has picked the winning entry straight away. I second everything he has said and will add that the ale is great usually with Harveys Best or Wild Hop and a Langham and the wine list also good. The walk round the village can also stretch to the path which runs down by the foot of the castle, assuming that's dried out by now.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Thanks for all recommendations so far keep them coming - all will be explored at some point. I love beer and food so it's a no brainer...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Maypole. Yapton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here