Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of perspective - Hereford United now in trouble - Help needed

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry but they can go screw themselves. They petitioned to have us thrown out of the league, what comes around goes around

Yep having been at Hereford all the fans I saw that day hated us and thought it was a given they would win and send us down and had a little welcome party in town for us......

Last laugh and all that.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Hereford chairman voted to have us expelled not the fans. Secondly, of course they hated us, we were there to send them into the conference, how did you expect them to be? 17 years ago we were rivals with orient and about to lose the Goldstone. A lot changes apart from football fans at risk of losing their club unfortunately.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Having read about the situation in The Non League Paper, Hereford will either have ten points deducted tomorrow (meaning certain relegation) or wait until next season if they go into administration which seems inevitable.

The players haven't been paid for two months, the ground is falling apart and they've lost over a million pounds in four years. It's looking desperate for them and I hope they pull through.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having read about the situation in The Non League Paper, Hereford will either have ten points deducted tomorrow (meaning certain relegation) or wait until next season if they go into administration which seems inevitable.

The players haven't been paid for two months, the ground is falling apart and they've lost over a million pounds in four years. It's looking desperate for them and I hope they pull through.

Edgar Street makes Selhurst Park look like the Allianz Arena.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep and so did the Withdean TBH

No doubt. But Edgar Street must be one of the few stadiums to remain completely untouched in recent years. No new stands, facilities, rebuilds etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"We are the little club who could beat the odds; Ronnie Radford vs Newcastle etc."

Whats the etc ? I'm struggling to think of anything else they've done to be honest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Obviously it is entirely up to you, but their supporters trust is trying to raise the money to stave off the winding up order:

http://www.gofundme.com/savehufc

If they fail to raise enough, then they will use whatever money they do raise to give financial support to whatever team forms after HMRC have done their bit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A bit of perspective the OP headlines this thread...

£78,000 to keep a club afloat who haven't paid their taxes

elsewhere on NSC

£65,000 to help a little girl walk is needed

That's what I call perspective.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"We are the little club who could beat the odds; Ronnie Radford vs Newcastle etc."

Whats the etc ? I'm struggling to think of anything else they've done to be honest.

They have a cow though?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A bit of perspective the OP headlines this thread...

£78,000 to keep a club afloat who haven't paid their taxes

elsewhere on NSC

£65,000 to help a little girl walk is needed

That's what I call perspective.

Wise words. Great post.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile, this week Wayne Rooney earned enough cash to afford both of these things.

I wonder if it even crosses his mind that he could save an entire football club, and change a little girls life just by sacrificing a weeks wages.

True. But I also imagine that if you're Wayne Rooney, you get an awful lot of requests for help. I *think* he does do quite a lot of charity stuff- didn't his wife's younger sister have some sort of life limiting illness that they were involved in caring for? How do you choose which people to help if you're in Rooney's position?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here