Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-ll229-1445045_478x359.jpg

Oscar Garcia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
00:00 26th March 2014
by Paul Camillin
With our main striker and goalscorer missing through illness that made it very hard for us to score a goal tonight"
Oscar Garcia
2014/15 season tickets are now on sale to the club’s Bronze Members. Secure your seat before 5pm on Friday 28th March

Oscar Garcia was left to rue a double disappointment at Hillsborough, as his side were stunned by Sheffield Wednesday’s 90th-minute winner.
The game looked to be heading for a stalemate, and the Albion head coach admitted afterwards he would have been disappointed to have left with just a point – but Leon Best’s late strike further compounded his agony.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a very cruel blow, we were much better than them and I felt we deserved to win – but with our main striker and goalscorer missing through illness that made it very hard for us to score a goal tonight.
“It was a problem; we have been crossing our fingers and hoping it wouldn’t happen. This morning Leo felt a little bit ill but we thought he could play, then at the hotel this afternoon he told me he couldn’t play.*
“Without Leo we tried something different. We thought that we would have spaces in behind their defence so we played David Rodriguez and Jesse Lingard down the middle in a central role.
“I am sorry for the fans and also for the players, because they are doing everything they can to win these games. The players are creating chances and playing well but I believe we can play better.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Oscar has now called on his team to focus on the positives ahead of Saturday’s game with Middlesbrough at the Amex.
“There is a virus in the squad, amongst the players not and some of the staff – but we will try to get everyone fit. Hopefully Leo will be okay for Saturday.*
“We have to be positive; we have a game at the Amex and we want to bounce back to winning ways and hopefully we will do it against Middlesbrough.
“We have to play these next ten games and try our best and hopefully we can change this situation in front of goal.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Middlesbrough:
Saturday 29th March, kick-off 3pm

Albion v Charlton Athletic:
Saturday 13th April, kick-off 3.07pm

England Women v Montenegro:
Saturday 5th April, kick-off 12.55pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here