Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa, Orlandi, crofts.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
How he won't play two upfront so adding in cms and Hoskins won't make a difference agree with the first three tho

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Forget CMS, you won't see him again this season

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think we have too many players of the same standard. I'd prefer to have less average performers replaced by one or two top playmakers, I for instance would have taken Yossi Benyoun instead of all our recent signings. But what do I know?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

You can't argue with fact...

1) We have two strikers fit, and a young attacking midfielder who hasn't scored yet.

2) Key midfielders out injured, meaning we lack quality

3) as a result of 1+2, we have to play more midfielders to compensate

Personally, I think 4-4-2 is a fine formation, and the successful championship teams play it. However, it won't work for us. Our problem is converting chances. This has been evident all season. Playing another striker (Rod or Lingard) with Ulloa will take away from the midfield. That takes away a 3rd of our midfield, our weakest department. You could also argue this will reduce creativity and chances made, thus weakening our chances per game. Other teams get lucky as they covert few chances into goals (Ipswich last Saturday for example), we're just not quite there. If Ulloa put those headers away in recent weeks, we would be 6th... And possibly in the Semi Final of the FA cup. Fine margins, we're just the wrong side of it

When CMS and / or Hoskins return, I would revert to trying different formations. But I wouldn't be looking forward to seeing a midfield of Ince + Andrews / Stephens.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Are you now the clubs physio?

My mate was talking to him on Saturday in person for 30 mins and CMS said that himself.
He also let on a few other things but I won't post on here cause of idiot comments like yours

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here