Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry the blokes out of his depth

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I feel sorry for him but that is about it coaching may alright but passionless and not getting plan"A" over to the players + they all need shooting practice or shooting
that is all
thank you and goodnight

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I would have taken a point tonight.

With Wigan (yes, they're still catchable) Reading and Forest all losing, it's not a disaster.

But we HAVE to win Saturday.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Too right glas and he can take the welsh windbag with him as well. Garcia so over rated.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel sorry for him but that is about it coaching may alright but passionless and not getting plan"A" over to the players + they all need shooting practice or shooting
that is all
thank you and goodnight

Part of me is wondering if this is a fishing post where you later come in with "I was talking about Moyes, you all need to get off Garcia's back"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There was no way United were coming to come back once City took the lead. I agree. MOYES OUT!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know why so many lickers defend him, there is no evidence that he knows how to get a team with so many talented players to gel and play well. Attacking football, my ARS

1) They are not his players
2) Poyet guided us to 10th with a squad not dissimilar to this in his first season

I just think it's too early to call. And after all, we're 8th, not 18th.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would have taken a point tonight.

With Wigan (yes, they're still catchable) Reading and Forest all losing, it's not a disaster.

But we HAVE to win Saturday.

We have got lucky tonight with other results, but that shouldn't over shadow the fact we failed to score again and folded at the end when we should have seen the game out. Believe it or not, I love my football club, but I say it as I see it. We are not good enough to be in the top six. If by some miracle we get into the play off positions, it will because others have screwed up more than us. We have zero flair, very little passion and a weak under belly atm.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
that is all
thank you and goodnight
Problem is, too many people will only see him as a Brighton manager and defend him because of that, which to an extent is completely understandable.

But if he was in charge of Palace the same posters on here would be gloating and mocking him, but because he's ours, they will defend him.

Enough is enough.

It is clearly he is out of his depth.

It was a gamble to bring in an unproven foreign manager, and we all got excited at the beginning and wished he was the real deal, but lets face it, he's not is he.

I'm all for a long term manager who will be with us for years, but that is clearly not Oscar or Jones.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2) Poyet guided us to 10th with a squad not dissimilar to this in his first season

you are replying to a poster who as he admits been saying the same all season

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good post match whinge.
After all, Vulture et al were at the game and they know best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As the thread was started by someone who, I gather, hasn't even been to a game this season it's not really worth a response.

Not sure why I bothered :rolleyes:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
that is all
thank you and goodnight

You can't be talking about Billy Davies, he's been sacked. It must be Adkins.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm neither a staunch supporter nor a strong critic of Oscar, but what I would say is that I don't think there is any Championship manager who could get promotion with this squad.

I blame the club entirely for woeful squad planning and giving every other club in the division a two-month headstart on us last summer. It is the club who aren't serious about promotion, not Oscar. If Bloom/Barber/Burke wanted us to be genuine contenders this season we would have a squad that had more than one goalscorer in it (meaning we wouldn't resort to the likes of Buckley playing upfront when we are hit by just ONE injury) and players such as Andrews and Forster-Caskey would be nowhere to be seen. Seriously, ask yourself if Leicester or Burnley would want players like this. They wouldn't even get on their BENCH. That's how far behind we are, and that is not Oscar's fault.

By all means criticise the style and the lack of goals, but the guy can only work with the substandard tools he's been given.

Agree to a certain extent, things got rather complicated last close season, not all of it the club's fault.

Some strange decisions during the season though, the biggest of which was getting over four million quid in from the sales of Bridcutt and Barnes, and not bringing in a decent second striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Top 6 is what counts, that is what Bloom said he expects this season

I imagine Bloom is more far sighted than those who DEMAND promotion, he may have hoped for promotion but I doubt very much in his heart he expected it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here